Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my HRV and I am looking for accessories such a as cup holder for backseat and hitch for my bike. None of them are available everywhere. Not even Honda. Does anyone know any sites I can get some? Or is it too new.

Btw, I love red one and I was lucky to get one and I called at least 5 Honda dealership in my area and none of them sell the red one and they told me Honda is running short of parts and will make one or two color only for now. I ended up paying $3500 more on top of the MSRP to get one in 3 weeks. I knew I overpaid but they also paid $1500 more for my trade-in.(vs the sell price from CarGurus)

If anyone know where I can find some accessories please let me know. The hitch for my bike is urgent. Honda sells root rack and bike rack but my bike is ebike and is quite heavy for the car roof. 馃槱
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The door pocket has a cupholder but don't fit for large McDonald's drink well. There are no cup holder at the rear of the console. It is why I am looking for one that can hold large drink

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got a portable one from Amazon and I will make custom one that can attach the hold of the central console. Not sure why the ZHR ( the Asian version) has all those and not the US. I bet they will add them to 2024 model

Registered
2023 Honda HR-V EX-L AWD (Frost Pearl)
I just got my HRV and I am looking for accessories such a as cup holder for backseat and hitch for my bike. None of them are available everywhere. Not even Honda. Does anyone know any sites I can get some? Or is it too new.

Btw, I love red one and I was lucky to get one and I called at least 5 Honda dealership in my area and none of them sell the red one and they told me Honda is running short of parts and will make one or two color only for now. I ended up paying $3500 more on top of the MSRP to get one in 3 weeks. I knew I overpaid but they also paid $1500 more for my trade-in.(vs the sell price from CarGurus)

If anyone know where I can find some accessories please let me know. The hitch for my bike is urgent. Honda sells root rack and bike rack but my bike is ebike and is quite heavy for the car roof. 馃槱
View attachment 34503
I purchase the 2023 Nordic Frost Pearl color, but I only paid MSRP, nothing over that here in Florida. Why did you get ripped off? I wouldn鈥檛 put up with that. My Honda dealer gave me a whole bunch for my trade-in as well. They have the red and the black and the frost pearl along with I think the gray color and no one said anything about Honda being out of parts.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Every Honda dealership here have crazy markup. I contacted 5 Honda and one of them, I bought 2 Honda from them and they always have the cheapest price and I always paid the invoice price. They told me they charged $3000 on top of MSRP and one listed $33k and one listed MSRP+ $2400 addon. One would not give me the price but would wait 12 weeks. In Northeast, it is high demand I guess.
.Crosstrek was like $33k here for a premium trim, and Toyota Corolla cross was around the MSRp but 6months wait time. The waiting list here was crazy, none of the Honda I called have anything in stock, the one I bought from was the only one had the red. None of other four Honda dealerships had red one. Only, white, and green. Either I paid $3k markup or wait 12 weeks.

Demand vs supply here. It is ok as I love the red one and I am planning to keep it for many years. Each of my previous Honda lasted at least 7.5 years. Well,the dealership did provide me a free floor mat. It is like$150 and 10 years + 120k powertrain warranty by Allstate By overcharging me.

If I could wait for a couple months, I bet I wouldn't pay the markup.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Every Honda dealership here have crazy markup. I contacted 5 Honda and one of them, I bought 2 Honda from them and they always have the cheapest price and I always paid the invoice price. They told me they charged $3000 on top of MSRP and one listed $33k and one listed MSRP+ $2400 addon. One would not give me the price but would wait 12 weeks. In Northeast, it is high demand I guess.
.Crosstrek was like $33k here for a premium trim, and Toyota Corolla cross was around the MSRp but 6months wait time. The waiting list here was crazy, none of the Honda I called have anything in stock, the one I bought from was the only one had the red. None of other four Honda dealerships had red one. Only, white, and green. Either I paid $3k markup or wait 12 weeks.

Demand vs supply here. It is ok as I love the red one and I am planning to keep it for many years. Each of my previous Honda lasted at least 7.5 years. Well,the dealership did provide me a free floor mat. It is like$150 and 10 years + 120k powertrain warranty by Allstate By overcharging me.

If I could wait for a couple months, I bet I wouldn't pay the markup.
Even a used 2021 with 10k mileage on them costed $28-29k here. A 2022 HRV priced around $30-31k. I never experienced something like that here. Crosstrek, CRV, RAV4 and HRV are everywhere in my neighborhood. jeep, Mazda, Hyundai, Ford or Kia are not much in my area.

Btw, do you know that the new 2023 HRV comes with 2 years free maintenance services. No everyone know about it and not even the dealership, I found it on Honda website and showed it to the dealership and they confirmed it for me after making calls. It is called service pass.

Registered
2022 HR-V EX
Its a "who you know" market. *Unless you in Florida

My wife has a great relationship with a certain family that owns multiple dealerships.

How I ended up with a 22 HRV EX for a great price :)

z
e
R
e
p

Registered
Most car buyers drive off the lot 鈥渢hinking鈥 they got a good deal. In some cases yes but in most cases, the dealers win especially if you use their shop for repairs, etc.

But as long as you leave the lot happy and the Dealer is happy, a win-win.

Personally, I feel like I have always gotten average deals as I have never purchased the high end/high markup vehicles like the Pilot where Dealers have plenty of wiggle room.

BTW, that new color is pretty awesome.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sometimes we got a great deal. It is all about supply and demand. I bought my 2015 Honda Accord hybrid brand new when gas price was around $2.5 and people was asking me why I paid extra for a hybrid when gas price was low. There was no demand for hybrid. The dealership sold it for me for $25k when the MSRP was $32k. I bet the invoice was around $27k. I drove it for 7.5 years and zero issue and most of the components was made in Japan and assembled here. I sold it when gas price was over $5, and high demand from the dealership or online car buyers. It was why I didn't mind to pay the markup price for the HRV since I got some markup from my hybrid as well.

Anyway, so far the new HRv was more fun than the hybrid and can carry a lot of items from Costco. However, I found that the suspension is a little soft when making a sharp turn..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I purchase the 2023 Nordic Frost Pearl color, but I only paid MSRP, nothing over that here in Florida. Why did you get ripped off? I wouldn鈥檛 put up with that. My Honda dealer gave me a whole bunch for my trade-in as well. They have the red and the black and the frost pearl along with I think the gray color and no one said anything about Honda being out of parts. View attachment 34514

Just saw it, I am so jealous that there is no shortage in Florida.

The automaker, which bases much of its North American operations in Marysville, Tuesday said July sales were down 47.4% to 71,235 vehicles in that period. That remains on trend for the year as parts shortages, namely microchips, continue to hamper supply.

2023 HR-V, for example, sold more than 4,000 units in its first month and its current production pipeline is already pre-sold to customers.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
After driving this for 3 weeks and around 800 miles.

Gas mileage is average 28.2 so far for the 800 miles. I have noticed something that wanted to share with other people who are thinking to get the 2023.

1. the HRV is roomy. It has similar interior space as the accord.
  2. The tire is super noisy and loud especially in highway like 65-75 speed .
  3. Android auto is buggy and apple car play is perfect
  4. Interior got dirty very easy but a wet cloth can easily clean it up
  5. Too much body roll. Trying to make several downhill turn. I used to own the 15 Accord hybrid and 14 Nissan juke. They were performing much better.
  6. Not enough power to go uphill.
  7. The AC is nice and cool ( much better than any of my previous cars)
  8. Gas mileage got better , the more I drive, not closed to 42 mpg I got from accord hybrid but better than the 20mpg I got from the juke.
  9. Capless system is messy, I pretty the old style. Not sure the outside rubber seal will last...
  10. No vent or cup holder or armrest in the backseat is problematic for a long road trip
  11. The front seat is not good for long road trip like 8hrs.i did take breaks every few hrs. I didn't have the issue with my Accord. Maybe the seating position, sedan vs SUV.
  12. The safety is cool especially in a heavy raining night.
It is a definitely a different experience, I don't regret getting it and it is very good looking and I found it the new 2023 CRV is too much in the look. The HRV is simple and just the perfect size for a small family. I do regret selling my Accord hybrid, there were too many good things about that car that I didn't appreciate until now. I am planning to get one back ( I just didn't like the 2022 look, but 2023 look simple) when the car price is back to pre pandemic level.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts