Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently purchased a 2019 HRV sport with cloth seats. I'm searching around about adding aftermarket heated seat panels to the front seats. Does anyone know if the factory upholstery is "glued" to the foam padding or does the factory upholstery simply slip over the foam padding?

Thanks -- Damon

·
Registered
2 Posts
We recently purchased a 2019 HRV sport with cloth seats. I'm searching around about adding aftermarket heated seat panels to the front seats. Does anyone know if the factory upholstery is "glued" to the foam padding or does the factory upholstery simply slip over the foam padding?

Thanks -- Damon
I have a 2019 sport and changed the seats out for some older EX-L seats. In order to do this I traced some wires for seat weight sensor on right side of the 2019 seats and removed the cover partially. There is no glue holding the cover to the foam

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 sport and changed the seats out for some older EX-L seats. In order to do this I traced some wires for seat weight sensor on right side of the 2019 seats and removed the cover partially. There is no glue holding the cover to the foam
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for your leather seats and where did you find them? I've been thinking about doing the same thing for our 2016.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Out of curiosity, how much did you pay for your leather seats and where did you find them? I've been thinking about doing the same thing for our 2016.
I found the front seats on eBay, seller goneatr. Was going with front seats only for $600 but they cut me a deal on all 4 door panels and rear seats for $1269 total. Did run into the glitch that the 2019 has a different setup for the passenger side front seat weight sensor so I had to remove the rail from the older seat and put the 2019 rail with all sensors on it on the older seat to get my airbag light to work properly. Driver's side was a direct replacement. The rail is a bit tedious to replace but can be done with regular tools. I think any 2016 to 2018 seat would be a direct replacement for your 2016 seat. I have a 2019 Sport now but traded from a 2016 EX. Hated the touch controls for the heater A/C system on the EX.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found the front seats on eBay, seller goneatr. Was going with front seats only for $600 but they cut me a deal on all 4 door panels and rear seats for $1269 total.
Wow! That is a stunning deal! I've looked on ebay and cant even find a pair of seats at all much less full interior. What did you search?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts