Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Went ahead and made this a sticky as it keeps coming up already and this is handy for folks to know, thanks for the post Einz!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I wanted to add that the front turn signal bulbs are 7443 and the rears are 7440. The difference is that the 7443 has two filaments. One stays on for the parking lights and the other blinks on and off for the turn signals. If you wanted to disable the front parking lights, you can probably replace 7443's with 7440's. I haven't tested this and didn't think of it until after I cut the wire for the parking lights. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
1,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got time to looked at the front turn signals. They are 7444NA. I see some places listed them the same as 7443.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Finally got time to looked at the front turn signals. They are 7444NA. I see some places listed them the same as 7443.
You're right. The OEM bulbs are 7444NA. I used 7443 LED bulbs with no problems so they might interchangeable.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah, I did. It's a bit of a hassle and you have the extra wires hanging. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get the turn signal relay for LED bulbs.
Any idea which relay to get? I'm looking to do the rear lights next weekend. If I find CanBUS turn signal LEDs, would they be plug and play?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Want to replace 2 map lights, dome light, cargo and license plate lights, don't really care about vanity lights on the sun shades

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'd be picky about the cargo light. Some of the leds only shoot out up on top of the bulb, so they're not that bright in the cargo since it's aimed to the side. I'd suggest looking for something with leds all around the sides.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Yes. I couldn't find the relay when I was looking. According to the manual pages provided by Coton, there might not be a relay. I guess using resistors is our only option.
I have been contemplating switching my turn signal bulbs to LEDs (front and back).

What is the problem of having the LEDs hypeflash? Any other undesirable side effect or legal implication (such as failing inspection)?
I actually think that might be a nice "feature" to have the LEDs turn signal blink/flash faster than normal.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts