Honda HR-V Forum banner

Replacement Bulbs (2016-2018)

126K views 182 replies 40 participants last post by  SlowFosho 
#1 · (Edited)
#7 · (Edited)
I wanted to add that the front turn signal bulbs are 7443 and the rears are 7440. The difference is that the 7443 has two filaments. One stays on for the parking lights and the other blinks on and off for the turn signals. If you wanted to disable the front parking lights, you can probably replace 7443's with 7440's. I haven't tested this and didn't think of it until after I cut the wire for the parking lights. :rolleyes:

#30 ·
#31 ·
I don't see where it mentions hyperflash or resistors. I do see error free and canbus, which is completely different. Some cars use "canbus" bulbs and sense when the light bulb goes out. That sends a signal and turns on a "light bulb out" light on the dashboard. LED bulbs usually make this light turn on on the dashboard unless they are "Canbus" or "Error Free", like these.

#33 · (Edited)
Hand selected PCB and LEDs are put together to give the maximum output while not melting the housing. Picking out only the best pieces will result in superior output and performance. These LEDs are all equipped with heat sinks that are cleverly placed to be hidden from view. Made to fit Nissan GT-R , Lexus IS models , Lexus RC models , Infiniti , Toyota Prius, Toyota 4Runner, Subaru and various Japanese and Korean cars. All CAN-bus LEDs are backed by our lifetime warranty. If we don't believe in the product that can last a lifetime, why should you. All LEDs are sold in pairs. Will NOT WORK ON 7443 and 7444 bulbs.
There is no simple plug and play LED turn signals for the HRV that I'm aware of. I have searched and finally gave in to resistors. I have switchbacks in the front. One of these days I'll do the rears too..

#38 · (Edited)
Finally decided on these for the turn signal bulbs:
For the Front:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PHVUWR8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For the Back
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGRGSH6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The quick flashing, about 140 a minute, is a feature that I like and think that it is nice to have.
Hopefully when I install them, I will not be disappointed. I will update the post once I install them.

With these LEDs, now all my exterior lights will be LEDs:
Philips Ultinon Low/High Beam
Ridgid Driviing lights
Fog lights
Backup lights
Front/Back Signal
Brake lights (Original OEM)

#46 ·
I checked today and you were right. I was surprised.

Are the VLEDS the only LEDs you've found that don't (from what I can tell off the website) require you to wire tap a load resistor? I just don't trust having to do that for the rear signals.

And wow are those VLEDS pricey.

#47 ·
I've used other LED bulbs in the past (on other cars) and have always had to tap in a resistor to correct hyperflash. It hasn't bothered me in the past to have to do that, but the VLEDS implementation is the only plug and play setup that I've ever seen and it's a pretty elegant solution. Going forward I don't think I'd go back to using anything else, due to the ease of use, and quality of the product, even tho it's pretty expensive. Having the product in hand, you can understand a bit easier why the pricing is so premium (doesn't make it easier on the wallet tho lol). If tapping the wire to add a resistor pack is holding you back from doing this mod, this is the only solution I have personal knowledge of that I can recommend. Mind you, that you still need VLEDS' resistor pack to correct the hyperflash, but it just plugs into the control module and there is no tapping involved.

#48 · (Edited)
Finally installed the front and back LED parking/turn signal bulbs.

NO RESISTORs and they work perfectly. they flash twice as fast but because the LED bulbs turn on/off instantly (much faster than halogen), the difference in the rate is not that drastic.
The lights are much brighter and flash instantly. Also no more ugly orange tint in the reflector.
Best $48 I spent in a very long time.
JUST LOVE THEM!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

#49 ·
Finally installed the front and back LED parking/turn signal bulbs.

NO RESISTORs and they work perfectly. they flash twice as fast but because the LED bulbs turn on/off instantly (much faster than halogen), the difference in the rate is not that drastic.
The lights are much brighter and flash instantly. Also no more ugly orange tint in the reflector.
Best $48 I spent in a very long time.
JUST LOVE THEM!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

Hey CotonHRV, Would you please tell us the brand they are? And Thanx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.