Honda HR-V Forum banner
161 - 180 of 183 Posts
I should correct something I said in the last post.
The replacements from China, specifically through AliExpress and from iJDM are well built and the do correct the hyper flash.
Their actual width is 21.6. I believe the T20 would easily accommodate 20mm , maybe even a 21, but it definitely won't take these bulbs. I would have to do some serious shaving to get it to slip in. They do have a 20 mm version I've doing to order next.
There are really bright in both the 7440 and the 7443.

Hello guys!!
I m new here, and i am waiting for my brand new hrv.
It is going to be equipped with halogen lumps, but i am looking for something else..
What would u say is the best choice??
Halogen white lamps (like the osram night breaker for instance)
or
should i go with led lamps??
I want the best possible view quality..!
Thank you all in advance!!!!

Eliminate all the other questions and buy the Nighteyes posted above. They work for many of us , they are the whitest nicest bulbs for the money and go in in 10 minutes. I’ve had a set for both my fog lights and my main lights for two years, they work perfectly.

@Einz, maybe you could move these posts to this thread.

Hello again and many thanks for your replies!!!
Yes, my car is new, and not yet delivered..
So...
You guys recommend that i should buy one of the options above for the 2019 hrv??
I also asked about halogen, because when i was in a friend’s car with led lumps, the visibility wasnt that great...
So your opinion is led only, not even think about getting halogen???
Thank you!!!

Hello again and many thanks for your replies!!!
Yes, my car is new, and not yet delivered..
So...
You guys recommend that i should buy one of the options above for the 2019 hrv??
I also asked about halogen, because when i was in a friend’s car with led lumps, the visibility wasnt that great...
So your opinion is led only, not even think about getting halogen???
Thank you!!!
I went through four sets of aftermarket LED kits before settling on one for my 2010 Honda Fit. The first two didn't focus the light the way halogen bulbs did, so the output was bad for both of them. They were brighter than halogen, but only barely.

The third kit had much better and brighter light output, but burnt out after only a week. A week after I got it replaced, I got another burn out (don't know if it was the working original or the replacement).

My fourth wasn't as strong as the third kit, but it was better than the first two... and still works.

So, did your friend put the effort to find a good quality kit? Or did they just chuck a cheap kit without caring about its actual effectiveness?

I went through four sets of aftermarket LED kits before settling on one for my 2010 Honda Fit. The first two didn't focus the light the way halogen bulbs did, so the output was bad for both of them. They were brighter than halogen, but only barely.

The third kit had much better and brighter light output, but burnt out after only a week. A week after I got it replaced, I got another burn out (don't know if it was the working original or the replacement).

My fourth wasn't as strong as the third kit, but it was better than the first two... and still works.

So, did your friend put the effort to find a good quality kit? Or did they just chuck a cheap kit without caring about its actual effectiveness?
He actually thinks that the light is pretty good..
Up until recently i was driving an opel astra j with factory xenon lights and that led quality on my friend’s qashqai was horrible..
I want that white light, because its beautiful..!
But, what i really want, is the ability to see at night..!!!

Einz, maybe you could move these posts to this thread.
thank youvery much!!!

He actually thinks that the light is pretty good..
Up until recently i was driving an opel astra j with factory xenon lights and that led quality on my friend’s qashqai was horrible..
I want that white light, because its beautiful..!
But, what i really want, is the ability to see at night..!!!
A factory HID system is going to be much better than pretty much anything you could ever do... unless you have the money to invest in a factory and R&D for it.

That said... him thinking it looks good doesn't answer whether or not he put the effort into getting something of good quality.

That said, I saw your other post so I'll put the following there too...

Wait until you actually get the HR-V... then decide whether or not its good enough.

If it isn't good enough, prepare yourself to try out products until you are satisfied.

You can start with the Nighteye that has been mentioned. But I've seen a few variants under that name. Regardless of the brand name, I suggest you find ones with three small LEDs arranged in a row without gaps between them (they'll look almost like a single long LED).

Avoid the ones that use only one LED with a big lens around it or the ones with multiple LEDs with gaps. Either of those will likely produce poor output. The single LED versions won't have decent cut offs (you know the "line" where a lot of light shines below but almost nothing above). The multiple LED versions with gaps will produce actual gaps in output too. It looks kinda like a barcode going across. The bigger the gap, the worse it looks.

A factory HID system is going to be much better than pretty much anything you could ever do... unless you have the money to invest in a factory and R&D for it.

That said... him thinking it looks good doesn't answer whether or not he put the effort into getting something of good quality.

That said, I saw your other post so I'll put the following there too...

Wait until you actually get the HR-V... then decide whether or not its good enough.

If it isn't good enough, prepare yourself to try out products until you are satisfied.

You can start with the Nighteye that has been mentioned. But I've seen a few variants under that name. Regardless of the brand name, I suggest you find ones with three small LEDs arranged in a row without gaps between them (they'll look almost like a single long LED).

Avoid the ones that use only one LED with a big lens around it or the ones with multiple LEDs with gaps. Either of those will likely produce poor output. The single LED versions won't have decent cut offs (you know the "line" where a lot of light shines below but almost nothing above). The multiple LED versions with gaps will produce actual gaps in output too. It looks kinda like a barcode going across. The bigger the gap, the worse it looks.
Sorry for taking so long to answer, but i m at work..
Thanks again for your help!!
Its much appreciated!!!

What is best LED headlight brand will you recommend for HRV2016?
I also bought the NightEye H4 LED replacements for my 2016 LX from Amazon for about $35 and the improvement was well worth the money. Easy installation, just remember to put on the socket first then the boot and then the bulb. For the Nighteye LEDs the side of the heatsink with the Nighteye white lettering should face the left side of the car. This puts the reflector at the bottom where it is supposed to be. I also left the red rubber o-ring on and replaced the boots over the light assemblies. There does not seem to be much contact between the boot and the heatsink. I like the fact that there is no fan on these. I'm sure a fan would have a much shorter lifespan than the LEDs.

161 - 180 of 183 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.