Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone hit my car in a parking lot and cracked the right headlight assembly. Now the DRL is not working and the cover is full of condensation so I'm looking to replace the headlight assembly myself. I am no expert but I'm determined to save several hundred dollars by doing it myself if it's possible with a regular home toolkit. I see that ebay and the like have aftermarket replacements that I can purchase for less than half of the OEM part. After several google searches and searches in forums I haven't been able to find a tutorial or if this is even possible for a lay person.

Can anyone let me know if it's possible for a non-technical person to replace the headlight assembly for a 2019 HRV Sport at home?

(I have experience replacing the headlights on my old ford focus that required me to take the whole headlight assembly out but I don't know if this is similar or if I'm getting in over my head)

Thank you for any insight!!

· Registered
594 Posts
No knowledge needed at all. It’s usually always the same. Bolts, nuts, plastic clips. The only thing I would caution is there might be some noise when you pull off the bumper, but it is ok and normal. Be gentle and cautious, but for the most part, not hard at all. Just need some open space, basic tool set. You can google and download the PDF for the Honda accessories. The silver front lip, and it actually had basically a step by step how to remove bumper. Plenty of videos on YouTube as well to removal of bumper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts