Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To file a complaint call 800-999-1009
I just filed a complaint today on my 2017 Honda HRV and got a case number. Everyone with this problem needs to report it so they will take responsibility for it. Obviously it's a manufacturer defect but my extended warranty doesn't cover it since it hasn't been recalled. Now I have to spend almost $700 in repairs and nothing can be done to prevent this from happening again unless I never take my car outside. The clogged moonroof drains caused water to cover my driver side and front passenger side floors and ruined my battery. I had to get it towed. Fortunately I caught the problem before it ruined my electronics or anything else. I was told to keep the car covered and clean it once a week. If they would of told me that before I bought it I would of opted for something else. Makes no sense that I'll have to put a cover over my car every time I go camping or park my car under a tree at work. I bought this car to enjoy the outdoors, but I can't keep it outdoors. What a waste of time and money! Everyone please report it so Honda will take responsibility for their mistakes!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Sorry for your problem. Sadly many vehicles with moonroofs have similar problems. Over the last four vehicles I have opted not to have a moonroof. I do miss it on occasion but not the problems.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I have been a car owner for over 20 years, over 9 different Honda/Acura models. At least 75% of those cars had sun/moon roofs. None of them ever had this problem once. I owned 1 Jeep Patriot and got rid of it within 6 months for this problem. This is not a normal Honda problem. This is a no charge mandatory option on dodge/Chrysler/jeep cars.

people don’t go on forums saying this is the greatest car that takes me from point a to point b. They go on forums when they have a gripe and want to vent.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Either y'all have terrible luck, or I've been having incredible luck. Every car I've own (save for convertibles) since the 90s have had a sunroof or moonroof, and I've never had a leak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts