Honda HR-V Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Why would AEM remove items that don't interfere with the operation of their intake? It would add a ton of extra steps in the instruction manual and make fitting the factory part back in alot more complicated and time consuming.

If you can make a better intake by all means but KN made the original intake for the FOX marketing HRV that went to SEMA and that made 8hp - this is a far better design and they have dyno charts on there site - which BTW are taken on there Mustang Dyno in Riverside - many many different people, magazines and blogs have been there to witness testing and verify it against Auto Wave, Bisimoto, Church automotive and a few others time and time again. All 12 race cars in our Honda road racing series had AEM ecu's and or intakes, except 1 car that used the intake and a prototype racing velocity stack which ate a rock :( - All of these cars were tuned by CTE - I've tuned my ridgeline, pilot, gaggilion civics, integras, tsx and on and on with AEM intakes and have always made more power than other options including Injen, Mugen, M-Tec, Js Racing, Monster, RS Akimoto, RS-R, GREX, HKS, Iceman I forget all of them now.

My friend marcus at Heeltoe did an intake shootout vs stock and it was one of the more neutral and wide ranging honda intake tests I've seen and its pretty clear, AEM beats everything.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HRV Sport AWD
43 Posts
Finally got it off on my day off work. I think if someone wanted to, you can snuggly fit a turbo or small procharger if they have it for this engine.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts