Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thanks for the review. Did anybody notice he mentioned 18 or 19 thousand as a starting price? Was that maybe a Canadian review? Being able to get the manual in an EX trim is a biggie for us.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Excellent, Bice, thanks... I hadn't found that yet. Loved seeing (and hearing) the manual in action!

His detailed reviews are great... over 20 minutes long, way more info on a single model than a network car show episode. Hope he does the HRV one soon.

Scooter, I believe he's in the states. I'd be very surprised to see an HRV in Canada under $20k. I do believe we'll get EX in manual, but not EX-L like I'd hoped. Can't remember where I read it, but apparently we're only getting AWD in the EX-L in Canada.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks for the review. Did anybody notice he mentioned 18 or 19 thousand as a starting price? Was that maybe a Canadian review? Being able to get the manual in an EX trim is a biggie for us.
The US dollar is worth more than the Canadian so the price in Canadian dollars would be higher, not lower. Currently $1 USD = $1.20 CAD. As Idearat says, it's not likely to be a Canadian review.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Headroom doesn't look too bad in the segment with him driving, and that's with the moon roof trim. He says he's 6' tall. I wonder if that's a real 6' or a 6' with moon boots on.

(Side story: My family went to Disneyland as a kid. On Day 1 my little sister was a little too short for some of the rides, so my parents got her some moon boots to wear for Day 2. They looked silly but worked great!)

·
Registered
751 Posts
The US dollar is worth more than the Canadian so the price in Canadian dollars would be higher, not lower. Currently $1 USD = $1.20 CAD. As Idearat says, it's not likely to be a Canadian review.
Yup. Except if you check out current prices on honda.com and honda.ca, you'll see we don't pay nearly that much of a premium, probably because they don't dare adjust as quickly as the CAD has slid. So I'm hoping our prices are well under 1.2 x US prices, but we'll see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts