Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2021 HR-V (Right hand drive)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I just got a 2021 HRV (right hand drive) and very impressed with it. I am trying to find front seat floor mats for it, but this is seems to be a difficult task. There are many options for the left hand drive HRV as seen on Amazon or Ebay etc, however it is very difficult to find custom fit right hand mats. I like what i have seen and read about the 3D MAXpider mats and see that they are actually offered for the right hand drive HRV 2021 in Malaysia and Singapore. Does anyone know where to buy these in right hand drive if not living in the far east. Alternatively does anyone know of any other great front seat mat for right hand drive HRV 2021? Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John35g, i will look into this. Need to check if the seat positioning etc is the same. This was given by the US distributor for 3D Maxpider.....For RHD inquiries, please contact our distributors in Australia at https://3dmats.com.au/contactus or our UK distributors at www.NLG.co.uk. I am following up with the Australian distributor now to see if anything is possible..

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
751 Posts
Who ever you purchased your vehicle from (if a dealer or importer) should be able to provide you with a number of options when it comes to mats.

You may wish to have a look at the options available via Cox Motor Parts who are a Honda dealer in the UK, and either get them via your local dealer or import them yourself;

I can recommend the rubber lipped version, they are well made, durable and quite cost effective. I purchased a set of WeatherTech as I used to do a lot of dog walking, however, they were uber expensive as the company charged far more for RHD versions and then there was the added ⚽🏀⚾ ache of paying import duties and taxes, which totalled around £350! £ for lb the Honda Rubber lipped versions are far superior. The carpet versions tend not to be as durable, and I wear a hole where my heel rests under the accelarator.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
Thanks John35g, i will look into this. Need to check if the seat positioning etc is the same. This was given by the US distributor for 3D Maxpider.....For RHD inquiries, please contact our distributors in Australia at https://3dmats.com.au/contactus or our UK distributors at www.NLG.co.uk. I am following up with the Australian distributor now to see if anything is possible..
I bought that exact same set of mats for my RH Drive HRV. They are very well made and fit perfectly.
Click the link below for their eBay.com.au advertisement.
3D Moulded Mats = Fits Honda HRV H-RV 2014 to 2021 Genuine 3D BLACK Rubber Car Floor Mats F&R

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought that exact same set of mats for my RH Drive HRV. They are very well made and fit perfectly.
Click the link below for their eBay.com.au advertisement.
3D Moulded Mats = Fits Honda HRV H-RV 2014 to 2021 Genuine 3D BLACK Rubber Car Floor Mats F&R
Thank you very much for the link to the Australian Ebay site.. Awesome to hear that they fit. What is slightly strange is that RHD rear passenger floor mat is slightly different than the LHD floor mat from 3D Maxpider Kagu.. I actually like the LHD version rear mats as the mat seems to extend slightly further back covering more of the carpet. I am guessing that the mats can be used in either LHD or RHD HRVs ?

Glove Product Sleeve Gesture Sports gear

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I noticed that the 3D maxpider kagu rear floor mats for the hRV 2021 are slightly different for the RHD when compared to the LHD. Are they interchangeable or does the LHD HRV have a different floor layout in the rear to the RHD HRV? Has anyone with a RHD HRV 2021 used the LHD 3D maxpider Kagu floor mats?

Glove Product Sleeve Gesture Sports gear

·
Registered
704 Posts
Could this be because of the model year upgrades that the non-North American vehicles already have ?
2021 NA models are still the older design - the Asian 2021s are new (I THINK).

·
Registered
751 Posts
@HRVBDA THE LHD rear floor mat in your post is a similar design/layout to the one supplied by WeatherTech to me for my RHD HR-V.

I can see some future discussions on here getting messy:

The MkI was never available in the US.

The MkII is still available in the US, but discontinued elsewhere.

The MkII was discontinued in the UK (Europe?) December 2020, but the MkIII is not available for general release until January 2022 at the earliest.

The MkIII when it goes on sale in the US MAY be different to the rest of the world.

Administrators, enjoy! BD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Could this be because of the model year upgrades that the non-North American vehicles already have ?
2021 NA models are still the older design - the Asian 2021s are new (I THINK).
The 3D Maxpider Kagu RHD backseat mats are for 2014-2021 and seen at this link in Australia. 3D Moulded Mats = Fits Honda HRV H-RV 2014 to 2021 Genuine 3D BLACK Rubber Car Floor Mats F&R
The 3D Maxpider Kagu LHD backseat mats (sold in US) Kagu All-Weather Custom Fit Floor Liner | 3D Mats USA i think they say from 2016-2021.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@HRVBDA THE LHD rear floor mat in your post is a similar design/layout to the one supplied by WeatherTech to me for my RHD HR-V.

I can see some future discussions on here getting messy:

The MkI was never available in the US.

The MkII is still available in the US, but discontinued elsewhere.

The MkII was discontinued in the UK (Europe?) December 2020, but the MkIII is not available for general release until January 2022 at the earliest.

The MkIII when it goes on sale in the US MAY be different to the rest of the world.

Administrators, enjoy! BD
There doesnt seem any consistency in the HR-V model names ie MKI, II and III. The model names varies on some countries.

Hadleys Taxi, by chance have you tried the 3d Maxpider mats? Would be good to hear your thought on how they compare to the weatherTech models. I initially was impressed on the Weathertech, however my understanding, impression was that they are more plasticy, making them more noisy and more vulnerable to scratching? The 3D Maxpider looked visually a bit sportier and less like a plastic bowl... Really tough making a choice when you dont have a chance to see them in front of you and how they fit. If you are operating as a taxi, i guess you are the perfect candidate on determining how the mats hold up to wear and tear. DId my first vacuum today. Some light sand, but an easy car to clean with how the seats move giving a lot of access.. i have been using towels at the moment to cover the floors which has helped as a temp solution to battle 3 young kids from destroying the car ...lol. Wife is going crazy on how many towels i have been washing. lol.

·
Registered
751 Posts
No, I've only used the Honda Lipped Rubber version, and the WeatherTech.

The two main minuses with the Honda OEM are they do not extend far enough under the pedals to keep the carpet clean, the WeatherTechs do. And the Honda rear version is two separate mats whereas the WeatherTechs are one piece that extend under both the front and rear seats, and also cover the transmission hump.

I prefer the feel and quality of the Honda version, however, for protecting the floor and for catching spills and ills, the WT beats it hands down, regardless of whether it feels slightly plasticky or cheap.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
Thank you very much for the link to the Australian Ebay site.. Awesome to hear that they fit. What is slightly strange is that RHD rear passenger floor mat is slightly different than the LHD floor mat from 3D Maxpider Kagu.. I actually like the LHD version rear mats as the mat seems to extend slightly further back covering more of the carpet. I am guessing that the mats can be used in either LHD or RHD HRVs ?

View attachment 32957
The difference in the length between LHD & RHD would not be a big deal breaker for me, although that being said, I'd go for RHD as that is what my car is and the mats have been laser measured to suit a RHD car. The only other difference that I can see is that the LHD mat looks be a one piece item, whereas the RHD is a 3 piece item. The 3 piece would be much easier to handle if and when removing the mat/s.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I can see the pro's and cons with either design; 3 piece is easier to manage when getting it in and out of the vehicle, and you will only have to replace the piece that is damaged, rather than the entire set.

The one piece has no gaps, and being so big is easier to locate when looking to put it back in the vehicle.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
105 Posts
I can see the pro's and cons with either design; 3 piece is easier to manage when getting it in and out of the vehicle, and you will only have to replace the piece that is damaged, rather than the entire set.

The one piece has no gaps, and being so big is easier to locate when looking to put it back in the vehicle.
Getting the one piece back in wouldn't be a problem for me, but getting it out with mud and other stuff stuck to it or floating around in it i.e. vomit, nobody likes to handle soggy paper towel trying to soak it up. Imagine trying to get the one piece out and not spilling the contents. 🤢

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Australia suppliers of the RHD sell the 3D Maxpider Kagu mats as a set (front and back) so will have to get both, however i have ordered from the US the rear 3D Maxpider Kagu mat and cargo mat. I prefer the look of the US rear seat cargo mat (slighly different to RHD KAGU mat) and crossing the fingers it will be a perfect fit for RHD HRVs.

·
Registered
2019 HRV EX CVT. 1.5 Earth Dreams. Modern Steel.
38 Posts
Hi Everyone, I just got a 2021 HRV (right hand drive) and very impressed with it. I am trying to find front seat floor mats for it, but this is seems to be a difficult task. There are many options for the left hand drive HRV as seen on Amazon or Ebay etc, however it is very difficult to find custom fit right hand mats. I like what i have seen and read about the 3D MAXpider mats and see that they are actually offered for the right hand drive HRV 2021 in Malaysia and Singapore. Does anyone know where to buy these in right hand drive if not living in the far east. Alternatively does anyone know of any other great front seat mat for right hand drive HRV 2021? Thank you for any help.
I bought these back in April. perfect fit, decent quality and great value. Honda HR-V (2015-Present) Premium Tailored Car Mats. SKU: SYS0907 Premium-Grey-Black Colour Grey Trim Colour Black 1 £21.95 for a full set. Not sure about shipping?
Various colours available, buy on ebay. Seller: bebleysltd (10525)
Bebleys Ltd, 68 Garthland Road
Hazel Grove, Stockport, Cheshire, SK7 4PB
United Kingdom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts