Honda HR-V Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard and read that the roof rails will only be available on the EX-L and cannot even be an add on to an LX or EX. This is extremely disappointing to me and shocking as well. I was planning on getting an EX and really want the rails.
Anyone else hear or told any different? Amazing how the EX has a million features but it couldn't have the roof rails. :(

·
Registered
73 Posts
This was not a huge thing for my wife and I, but yeah interesting. However, the next time we swing by the dealership I am going to look at the top of the car again. Unless someone has an LX or EX right now to look at. Are there covers on the top of you car. It would make sense for them to manufacture the same body and just not offer roof rails as an option. However, in a month or so, I bet you could buy roof rail parts. :) Then install it yourself. That's my guess.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
This was not a huge thing for my wife and I, but yeah interesting. However, the next time we swing by the dealership I am going to look at the top of the car again. Unless someone has an LX or EX right now to look at. Are there covers on the top of you car. It would make sense for them to manufacture the same body and just not offer roof rails as an option. However, in a month or so, I bet you could buy roof rail parts. :) Then install it yourself. That's my guess.
I have heard and read that the roof rails will only be available on the EX-L and cannot even be an add on to an LX or EX. This is extremely disappointing to me and shocking as well. I was planning on getting an EX and really want the rails.
Anyone else hear or told any different? Amazing how the EX has a million features but it couldn't have the roof rails. :(
That's what I hoped, as the CR-V has the accessory roof rail you can add to any model.

But no, see page 9 of this thread.
http://www.hrvforum.com/forum/649-college-hills-honda/2489-2016-hr-v-accessories-9.html

The salesman added in the doc, no adding the roof rails.
You must buy the EX-L or go aftermarket

·
Registered
805 Posts
Seems you have to be a member to access. I found a copy on the net I think.

Thanks
I don't know about being a member ... maybe I signed up for something in connection with our 2003 CR-V.

But hopefully, the HR-V installation will be a bit more straightforward ... but there are bolts (or Torx Nuts) by which they are solidly attached to the metal roof.

Also, I notice that Amazon (where else--insert obligatory smiley) has aftermarket CR-V rails for considerably less than your friendly Honda dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Retrofit Roof Rails

Does anyone at Honda know what would be involved in retrofitting HR-V EX-L roof rails on the EX and LX? Can't believe the bodies are different.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have bee told by the dealership that they are available for a whopping $1300 uninstalled! Going to look at Thule options. Very disappointing Honda ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was told by my local honda dealer the rails can be drilled and put in for parts and labor 1400. That does NOT include the crossbars. Very disappointed as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is really a response to this post, although very old, Rails can be added to any HRV Honda 2015 on, go on Amazon to find them,Ebay as well. A collision shop can install them.

·
Registered
621 Posts
It was written up here a few months ago that the EXL roof was strengthened to accommodate the rails. You can probably find it in a search.

Reactions: Phalkon30

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone wanting to install Roof rails on a Honda HRV 2016-2018, should go onto Amazon, or Ebay, in the search bar type Honda HRV roof rails,different sellers pop up for these. I am ordering mine on Ebay, the seller was great, they should come next week. I read the installation and saw it on U Tube how they are installed on these models, no drilling bolts slide into the part on the roof under the rubber pieces, these rubber pieces are cut. I'm taking the rails to a Honda collision business for installation.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.