Honda HR-V Forum banner

281 - 287 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V LX CVT AWD. Crystal Black Perl with many many mods!
92 Posts
I installed an aftermarket rack on my 2019 LX it fit fine it won’t match the oem roof rack since it mounts different than the stock setup. However, the one I have linked below is safe and sturdy and looks 9/10 the same as the stock setup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you successfully used your rack for anything yet? I have a 2017 LX and want to be able to carry a kayak or two. We haven’t purchased them yet but we’re looking at the smaller and lighter kayaks, 30-40lbs. I imagine there would be a lot more drag on those than skis. I’m also looking at the Thule brand racks as al alternative, but I really wanted to have a more permanent solution.
Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you successfully used your rack for anything yet? I have a 2017 LX and want to be able to carry a kayak or two. We haven’t purchased them yet but we’re looking at the smaller and lighter kayaks, 30-40lbs. I imagine there would be a lot more drag on those than skis. I’m also looking at the Thule brand racks as al alternative, but I really wanted to have a more permanent solution.
Thanks!
A couple of months ago I install on my 2016 HRV the same rails that HondadudeHRV posted (#282). The rails and crossbars did not come with instuctions and I had to rely on a blog post to figure out how to install them. I was NOT able to install the crossbars that came with the rails because I could not get the bolts into the holes while the rails are mounted. I believe someone posted that you should install the crossbars on the rails before installing the rails on the car. I don't know how that would work maybe the original posted can enlighten us. I purchased a different set of crossbars that clamp on to the rails instead of bolting into the pre-made holes. I have since used the roof rack system to carry my kayak with no troubles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a question, I ordered he same kit but got no instructions, can you send me a photo of your instructions? also, do you have a 2017 model and could it make a difference?

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V LX CVT AWD. Crystal Black Perl with many many mods!
92 Posts
I also had no instructions i found some info on here on how to remove the rain gutters to reveal where the rack is mounted its very easy just need some pliers to remove the clips off the 4 metal posts in the rain gutters. sorry for lack of pictures

281 - 287 of 287 Posts