Honda HR-V Forum banner

301 - 309 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
The good news is that all parts were included in my rail kit, and I made time to install them. The bad news is that when I removed the rubber molding over the track which came off very easily with no tools needed I discovered that there are no studs to mount the rails to the roof.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Bummer! What year is your HRV?
Mine is a 2017. The ebay ad said that the rails I purchased will fit my vehicle, but not gonna happen. I’ve already emailed the seller to see how I can return them, if they will take returns. I have to find some that clamp onto the roof now. Although i did not buy them because they were at a good price, i wanted something that would fit on the car. The upside of this is that the rubber thing covering the track came right off, had no clips holding it down with the exception of the 2 ends on each of the rubber covers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I thought that mine would have studs but then I removed the rubber there was one little dimple with a metal clip to hold the back of the rubber down. No others to mount the roof rail brackets to.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Try looking at this link that a guy posted a couple years ago. Be careful though my works firewall is not letting me into that page now. I used it a year ago and had no problems though.

301 - 309 of 309 Posts