Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi again.

I actually have a Chevrolet Cruze 1.8 with the manual transmission that have 5 gears. When I travel at 90 mph the RPMs are 4500. This produces a lot of noise of the engine plus a higher consume of gasoline.

I'm considering the HRV and I want to know the RMPs at 90 mph for the 1.8 with CVT transmission.

Thanks!

Guillermo

·
Registered
185 Posts
Why are you going 90mph.....dear lord.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL!!!

I'm from Argentina. Here the distances are long and there are a few max speed controls, so is normal to drive at that speed.

Thanks for your worries.

Can now test the RMPs at 90 mph for me?

Thanks!!!

Guillermo

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don't have mine yet, hopefully won't be too much longer. Our max highway speeds are 65, and I will drive 75 on them. Most here in this forum are in the states, and some in Canada (not sure what their highway speeds are, but fairly certain same as USA).

Many years ago (about 25) I drove up to 100 on an open stretch of highway in my VW Scirocco.....quiet time of day, no one around. Would I drive 90 today? Nope, just would not risk it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Honestly, I would never drive past 65 because you are just burning more gas than actually "using" it efficiently. It's like adding Lighter fluid to a fire that already started.. just a waste.

I can however, Tell you that I was going 65-70s MPH yesterday and the cabin is somewhat quiet. When stomping the gas pedal down or Down shifting via paddle shift, you will hear the engine rev ... but after the 3 seconds itll go back to quiet time..

Hopefully this helps you in any sense

·
Registered
235 Posts
Most of the highways around me are 75mph, and I had it up around 80 several times, but sorry, not planning on getting it up to 90mph just to see the rpms.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Most of the highways around me are 75mph, and I had it up around 80 several times, but sorry, not planning on getting it up to 90mph just to see the rpms.
Agreed.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I got in the 70-75-ish range accidentally last night in the express lanes through downtown since they were empty and didn't really notice RPM (meaning it probably wasn't in the 4k range). In fact I had no idea I was going that fast and slowed down in a hurry because the limit is 60 everywhere here. It was FINALLY my first trip on the freeway. :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got in the 70-75-ish range accidentally last night in the express lanes through downtown since they were empty and didn't really notice RPM (meaning it probably wasn't in the 4k range). In fact I had no idea I was going that fast and slowed down in a hurry because the limit is 60 everywhere here. It was FINALLY my first trip on the freeway. :)
Way to break in the engine! haha.

Has anyone tried sport mode yet? Just curious how you got it going..

·
Registered
231 Posts
Here in the outskirts of Phoenix, the speed limit is 65, but if you're going 70 or under, you better be in the slow lane or you'll get rear ended. 75 mph is a pretty standard speed in the middle lane, and 75-80 in the left lane.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all for your comments.

I cant believe that you never can drive over 75 mph. Here is the minimum when you travel. Any way I appreciate your interest.

Maybe a Brazilian owner of an HRV can answer my question. (In Brazil, the traffic control is similar to Argentina)

Thanks!

Guillermo

·
Registered
738 Posts
Still better than Canadian roads that have ridiculously low speed limits and when they are that low you know its to set drivers up to get a ticket

·
Registered
547 Posts
Thanks all for your comments.

I cant believe that you never can drive over 75 mph. Here is the minimum when you travel. Any way I appreciate your interest.

Maybe a Brazilian owner of an HRV can answer my question. (In Brazil, the traffic control is similar to Argentina)

Thanks!

Guillermo
Don't cry for we, Argentina.

The HR-V was not designed to be a sports car. You'll want the 2016 Cvic R instead.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do a lot of highway driving (70 and 80 mph) every week
and am curious also how the HRV does in that range. So if more
People can chime in, that would be great!
Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
70 mph on cruise equals 2,000 RPM with my wife and I in the car with a full tank of gas. Give me some time and I can post a 90 mph RPM reading at some point. Still only 400 miles on mine so it will be a couple of weeks, but still VERY loy RPM at speed as I noticed it specifically.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts