Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You couldn't get in the vehicle as it was on a roped-off turntable but the HRV is so far what I hoped it would be. The size is a logical step down from the CRV and it retains a SUV shape. Size-wise the profile from the back is the same as the Juke (I walked from one to the other) but I suspect the inside volume in the HRV is larger by design and more practical in usage. Still waiting for the mpg figures but I'm glad they went with a larger engine than was rumored.

The Mazda CX-3 was a major disappointment. It looks like a Vaudeville clown's shoe and I couldn't see a big difference between it and the Mazda3. They both share the same front end as far as length goes. It has a strange station wagon feel to it. For Mazda the comparison vehicle would be the CX-5, which has more storage and is a nice car all around.

I sat in all the (available) small SUVs and what they have in common is a slightly smaller back seat row and behind that enough space for one row of grocery bags. When you put the seats down you get a nice flat surface but it's not a lot of usable space for IKEA shopping. The magic seats are neat if you have something to put in sideways or stand up tall.

I need to look again at the CX-5 to see if the back area is that much better. I was hoping the passenger seat of the HRV folded down flat. I daydream about laying in the back for a snooze if the need ever arises, and if the HRV allowed me to stretch out from the back to front I'd be first in line to buy it.

The floor rep said sometime around March and otherwise I don't think I have any other info that might interest you.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thank you for your thoughts on seeing the HRV. I am surprised that you didn't like the CX3 in person since it seems to be getting good reviews from what I've seen so far. You didn't find the styling to be up to par?

Hopefully they put the HRV out in the open so people can sit in it at the next auto show.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Thank you for your thoughts on seeing the HRV. I am surprised that you didn't like the CX3 in person since it seems to be getting good reviews from what I've seen so far. You didn't find the styling to be up to par?

Hopefully they put the HRV out in the open so people can sit in it at the next auto show.
Yeah, I hope they have cars you can sit in at the Phoenix show.

·
Registered
741 Posts
With the timing it falls into there's a good chance it will happen, but then again we can't know for sure just yet. It might be worth the effort to check with your local dealer as in many cases they assign a top dealer to represent the brand at shows.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was psyched to have something to compete with the HRV when the time comes but the CX-3 has a long hood like it's holding a 12 cylinder engine and the cab section doesn't rise up beyond the euphemism of a crossover. It literally looks like a floppy shoe. The rep told me it was because of the engine design.

I have to backpedal on if the HRV's front passenger seat goes down flat. The rep told me the inside of the Fit was the same but who knows really. It really would be sweet if that were the case. With the back seat down the storage area in this class is minimal.

I'm also rethinking if I want a vehicle with no trunk and everything's on display to criminals. If the back has a hidden, lockable compartment or two that would be a big plus.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have yet to look into it but i'm sure the vezel might have roof rails available for it. thule is one of the brands that should have them

·
Registered
23 Posts
@Emerson, Did the HRV look super small in person? Did it come off looking like a station wagon? At 169.1 inches long and 63 inches in height, that's smaller than MOST of the other vehicles in this segment aside from the Juke.

The ONE vehicle that has a near 100% comparison is the Subaru XV Crosstrek and that thing comes off as very short to me. If i'm buying an "SUV" i want to be at least a little more higher up that your regular sedan when driving.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
doubt there will be any more cars

With the timing it falls into there's a good chance it will happen, but then again we can't know for sure just yet. It might be worth the effort to check with your local dealer as in many cases they assign a top dealer to represent the brand at shows.

I am in discussions with the dealers now on what will be available for sitting in.
One thing I heard is that they won't know until the show producers load up the cars for transport to the next show (Phoenix). Actually I see that as not very promising because it sounds like they are just transporting the same thing from show to show.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Michael, the HRV is the same basic size as the Juke but it's not as severely styled to cut down on usable inside room (as far as I can tell). I walked from the back of the HRV to the back of The Juke to make the comparison. It is a smaller car and the dimensions you can find for it tell the tale, but it doesn't look proportionally small. The Juke looks small or big to me depending on the day. I do know standing next to the HRV I was impressed with the size, or at least happy it didn't look undersized in person. It looked to be the correct proportion smaller than the CRV.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know it's silly but I like the idea of laying down and napping on a flat surface. Who knows if I'll ever get the chance.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I went to the LA show and was disappointed that the HRV was inaccessible. To answer another member here, no, the HRV did not look like a station wagon. It looks very much a crossover/CUV.

I really liked the CX3 in person! Looking forward to driving both the HR-V and the CX-3.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I know it's silly but I like the idea of laying down and napping on a flat surface. Who knows if I'll ever get the chance.
my problem with that is im afraid i'll knock out for hours, rather lean my back rest back enough to nap comfortably.

·
Registered
317 Posts
This link has some detail shots that I haven't seen elsewhere. It is the Thai version but I don't think our version will be much different.

http://paultan.org/2014/11/28/honda-hr-v-thailand-gallery/honda-hrv-thai-spec-18/
I read the article associated with the pictures.There are some differences that we won't see in USA (ex LED headlamps, panoramic moonroof etc). Also the Thai versions are overpriced in comparison to expected USA prices. The lowest Thai version, the S sits between the USA's LX and EX trim yet cost more than a CR-V (890,000 Bhat = $27,118.00). The USA versions will have to cut corners to get the price down.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Yes, I did see that lopsided pricing over there.
It's the interior pictures that I found most helpful. This is the best site so far for close ups of interior. There are plenty of exterior shots of the US version everywhere on the net.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts