Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will last night for the second time my 2016 HRV left me and my family stranded on the freeway in the rain dangerous position. Less than six months ago transmission was worked on for a recall and now again I’m being told it’s the transmission very disappointed I bought a Honda because of the raves and now I’m very disappointed don’t know what the damage is yet. The car revved then rolled back on the freeway and no warning just out of nowhere. This is second time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2017 HRV with 140,000 miles died on my country road ~ just like all the other bloggers. I was driving and suddenly lost the ability to go forward ~ engine was still running. All the lights on the dashboard were on. I was able to turn it off and restart three times to get into my driveway. Towed into my local mechanic and ran the code. Showed the faulty transmission ~ towed to our local Honda dealer. But, after reading all the blogs I was well versed in getting a new Honda transmission. I had both the 046 and 047 PDF files for the dealership to review. They did challenge my initial request for a new transmission ~ my mechanic had to call to tell them they were under warranty to fix. I got it fixed within a week's time with towing and car rental. The cost on the sheet going to Honda was $5800, towing another $150 and week's car rental for $500. The only gray area now is that the transmission I received was a rebuilt by Honda. The warranty still stands at 150,000 or 7 years. So, I shall see how far I get with this transmission. But you must fight for the fix because they don't call it a "recall" ~ they call it a "campaign". By calling it a campaign not a "recall" they aren't obligated to fix all the CVT problems on the HRV model. Just like reading these blogs if you don't research the problem ~ Honda makes it seem like it's your problem. Just an add on I did not have the 046 software update prior to losing my transmission. They did the 046 and 047 all at the same time. Happy for my outcome.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's astonishing that you were able to get $6,450 worth of work done at no cost to you on a six year-old automobile with 140,000 miles. That's very generous of Honda and I'm not being sarcastic.

As recently as the 1970s, you were looking at significant maintenance by 50,000 miles and if you made it to 100,000 miles without a transmission rebuild or ring job, you were lucky.

·
Registered
647 Posts
2017 HRV CVT trans that made it to 140 000 miles is actually excellent.
However, depending on the in-service date of your 2017 HRV, you only have 10 000miles and 6-12 months left on your HRV CVT trans warranty based on the recall's extended warranty.
Perhaps the Honda dealer gave you another warranty on the replacement CVT trans?

Now might be a good time to evaluate your HRV ownership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's astonishing that you were able to get $6,450 worth of work done at no cost to you on a six year-old automobile with 140,000 miles. That's very generous of Honda and I'm not being sarcastic.

As recently as the 1970s, you were looking at significant maintenance by 50,000 miles and if you made it to 100,000 miles without a transmission rebuild or ring job, you were lucky.
Agreed ~ the crucial part was that they extended the warranty to 7 years/150,000 on the A21-047. That is the part other owners need to be aware of. I took a 2007 CRV to 285,000 before blowing a head gasket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2017 HRV CVT trans that made it to 140 000 miles is actually excellent.
However, depending on the in-service date of your 2017 HRV, you only have 10 000miles and 6-12 months left on your HRV CVT trans warranty based on the recall's extended warranty.
Perhaps the Honda dealer gave you another warranty on the replacement CVT trans?

Now might be a good time to evaluate your HRV ownership.
I know do I dump it ~ I have had very good service done on all my Honda's ~ I will review with my mechanic. But, for now I will hold tight on my HRV.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts