Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
I read up a bunch on what to use and found scotchgaurd can attract dirt, though a decent waterproofer. I looked and looked and ended up with 303 Fabric Guard. Great Amazon reviews and professional detailers like it too. I applied maybe 22 ounces of a 32 ounce bottle in the car. We will see over time how it does.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I read up a bunch on what to use and found scotchgaurd can attract dirt, though a decent waterproofer. I looked and looked and ended up with 303 Fabric Guard. Great Amazon reviews and professional detailers like it too. I applied maybe 22 ounces of a 32 ounce bottle in the car. We will see over time how it does.
Thank you- I have this sitting in my Amazon cart. The only thing that would make it better, is if it had that "new car" scent to it!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thank you- I have this sitting in my Amazon cart. The only thing that would make it better, is if it had that "new car" scent to it!
I too have it in my cart.
How exactly do we use this product?
What does it do?
How is it applied and longevity?

Anyone else use this product before?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I too have it in my cart.
How exactly do we use this product?
What does it do?
How is it applied and longevity?

Anyone else use this product before?

I'd like to know as well as I'm fixed on the Deep Ocean with beige/gray/taupe cloth interior.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ordered -

Usage directions-
Use only on newly, cleaned, dry fabrics. For best results, treat fabrics in warm weather, of at least 70 degrees or warmer. In a well-ventilated area, spray 303 Fabric Guard on fabric until damp, overlapping in a crisscross pattern. Do not saturate. Let dry for 6-12 hours in a clean, dry environment before using or storing.

Will do another video to show how I did it once it arrives and will showcase its effectiveness after couple of weeks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I applied it with no issues, literally just spray on and let it sit. I did the seats and the door panels and it seems to be working just fine so far, I've yet to sprinkle water or anything on it to see how it does though, I did see some beading on the door panel yesterday but was more running in the house at the time lol so I did not pay specific attention.

My only tip would be to leave all the doors open during and after spraying as it does not smell great, not the worst ever but it is also not pleasing. I left mine open until the car was mostly dry. After drying I, nor my wife, can detect any odor at all and it has been on a couple of weeks and seems great. I am going to put the remainder of the product on my other car, but I'm waiting until I can give the seats a light cleaning first as it would seem this will seal any dirt or debris in so I want them to look as good as possible, and it is two years old now.

There was no way to avoid getting the spray on my windows and on some of the leather and plastic surfaces, but I wiped them dry when done and once dry I wiped the leather down and washed the windows just to be safe. I had no streaking or other issues so I'm happy there too.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I applied it with no issues, literally just spray on and let it sit. I did the seats and the door panels and it seems to be working just fine so far, I've yet to sprinkle water or anything on it to see how it does though, I did see some beading on the door panel yesterday but was more running in the house at the time lol so I did not pay specific attention.

My only tip would be to leave all the doors open during and after spraying as it does not smell great, not the worst ever but it is also not pleasing. I left mine open until the car was mostly dry. After drying I, nor my wife, can detect any odor at all and it has been on a couple of weeks and seems great. I am going to put the remainder of the product on my other car, but I'm waiting until I can give the seats a light cleaning first as it would seem this will seal any dirt or debris in so I want them to look as good as possible, and it is two years old now.

There was no way to avoid getting the spray on my windows and on some of the leather and plastic surfaces, but I wiped them dry when done and once dry I wiped the leather down and washed the windows just to be safe. I had no streaking or other issues so I'm happy there too.
Good to know. I will let you guys know what happens when I get my bottle from amazon. :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the replies, I ordered some 303 also. Now I need to find the time to get it done. I'm most concerned with the door panels. As soon as someone comes out with decent seat covers I'll being buying those.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I ordered some 303 also. Now I need to find the time to get it done. I'm most concerned with the door panels. As soon as someone comes out with decent seat covers I'll being buying those.
There should be some companies out there that might have plans to come out with them. Should be worth it to email them to find out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There should be some companies out there that might have plans to come out with them. Should be worth it to email them to find out.
I have a set of Clazzios and they are very nice. I e-mailed them, haven't heard back. They are a Japanese company. You would think they would have them for the Vezel already

·
Registered
15 Posts
I already bought a two pack of the Scotch Guard, so has anybody actually tried it out. I am worried about what the overspray does to the other interior parts like the hard and soft touch plastic.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I already bought a two pack of the Scotch Guard, so has anybody actually tried it out. I am worried about what the overspray does to the other interior parts like the hard and soft touch plastic.
I did my Blue HR-V with scotch guard, especially because of the light grey interior.

I used a piece of cardboard to catch the over-spay, which worked well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used the 303 on my car the past weekend. Application was easy. I used a piece of cardboard to protect the windows. The solution pooled on the plastic pieces like the door handles but I just wiped it away immediately. I was worried it would discolor the plastic, but a few days later there is no discoloration.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts