Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an intermittent problem on my 2022 HR-V Sport. Once in a while after start-up the screen in the middle of the dashboard goes dead. No radio, no Apple car play, just nothing. Shutting off the motor and restarting will always work. Owned the suv for 10 months and this has happened four times now. Very inconvenient to pull over a restart the car. I know there is two years of warranty left on this vehicle. Probably what will happen is when I get it to the dealer it will work just fine. Don't you think this is a ground problem? Anyone know where the ground wire is attached? Or should I just call the dealer and talk to the maintenance department?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brign it in0- its under warranty ?
could be a loose or bad wire connection in one of the many plugs for the infotainment system
Seems to me that this particular Honda model, the HR-V, is plagued with electrical gremlins. Just looking at the forums would prove that to be true. If this problem is not fixed I will probably trade this vehicle in at a dealership and purchase another different vehicle. The budget model at any automaker is usually the one with the most problems. Should have known better but maybe a happy ending after all.

· Registered
15 Posts
This is an intermittent problem on my 2022 HR-V Sport. Once in a while after start-up the screen in the middle of the dashboard goes dead. No radio, no Apple car play, just nothing. Shutting off the motor and restarting will always work. Owned the suv for 10 months and this has happened four times now. Very inconvenient to pull over a restart the car. I know there is two years of warranty left on this vehicle. Probably what will happen is when I get it to the dealer it will work just fine. Don't you think this is a ground problem? Anyone know where the ground wire is attached? Or should I just call the dealer and talk to the maintenance department?
Seems to me that this particular Honda model, the HR-V, is plagued with electrical gremlins. Just looking at the forums would prove that to be true. If this problem is not fixed I will probably trade this vehicle in at a dealership and purchase another different vehicle. The budget model at any automaker is usually the one with the most problems. Should have known better but maybe a happy ending after all.
Honda is aware of this problem but doesn’t know how to fix after 2+ years. AHM seems to refer back to dealer & dealer back to AHM!!

· Registered
15 Posts
Is this a Honda TSB on this problem??? Can you post the entire TSB on this..
That is a TSB from AHM. Kinda “borrowed” it from the Service Managers desk. Mentioned this last in a phone call to AHM. Advised me to take it to dealer on next occurrence. Little difficult since it only lasts about a minute. I am documenting these visits/calls to CMA. Car is fine except this nuisance!!

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts