Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 HR V
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my local dealer, almost at 36k and the battery hold down is rusting and coming apart. They say it's not covered. Sound right to you guys?

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Since you are right at mileage warranty cutoff, a “good” dealer would go ahead and fix for free. And should be a cheap fix.

·
Registered
2019 HR-V EX
153 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
within a year battery corrosion ate through the black plastic-like covering/paint- i thought it was destroyed- but when I cleaned it in battery corrosion cleaner- then peeled the paint off it was good
then I repainted it with 'Milano Red' paint to match the body- then clear coat- so far so good.
If its that top hold down- its also a 9$ part from Honda I think
if its the tray below - prob a bit more- but not a lot of labor at the end of the day.

·
Registered
2017 HR V
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
within a year battery corrosion ate through the black plastic-like covering/paint- i thought it was destroyed- but when I cleaned it in battery corrosion cleaner- then peeled the paint off it was good
then I repainted it with 'Milano Red' paint to match the body- then clear coat- so far so good.
if its the tray below - prob a bit more- but not a lot of labor at the end of the day.
That's it! Can't believe they wouldn't replace it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can't believe that they wouldn't replace that. You may want to consider using a high temp clear coat.

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
I would use plastidip before I used paint. Much more impervious to battery acid and vapors as it’s essentially liquid rubber… Three light coats will do it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If you're not past the time/mileage on the battery, get the dealer to replace it. Even if you're close, talk to the service manager. This happens because the OEM batteries suck.
I don't mess with paint repair until last recourse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts