Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey HRV family,

I work for Acuity Instruments, an aftermarket Honda/Acura parts company located in Atlanta, GA. We're looking for a 2016-2018 HRV (manual transmission) to test fit parts on (closer to stock the better). If you or a friend have one and are local or willing to travel to Atlanta, GA, let me know and comment below, reach out to Acuity on social media (@acuityinstruments), or send us an email ([email protected])!

I can only disclose complete details on the project/parts/scheduling with confirmed participants. But in short, for a test car we ideally need the car for about 2 days at our shop in Marietta to test fit parts, and we can provide some compensation for a participants time and help. The vehicle would be stored and worked on inside our shop, and after the project wraps up the car will be reverted back to it's original state, with the option to also have upgraded cable bushings installed for free. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
691 Posts
So a manual trans HRV, which was only available with front wheel drive, is a rare bird and a very small market.
Hopefully the Civic or Fit shifter bushings are identical so no re-engineering required.

As you can see from this forum, not many folks are modding their HRV.
There may never be demand for aftermarket parts for the HRV.

Reactions: PawinnSong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So a manual trans HRV, which was only available with front wheel drive, is a rare bird and a very small market.
Hopefully the Civic or Fit shifter bushings are identical so no re-engineering required.

As you can see from this forum, not many folks are modding their HRV.
There may never be demand for aftermarket parts for the HRV.
Thanks for the feedback with this! We totally understand the manual options are quite rare and aftermarket part demand is lower than other platforms. The parts in development for these manual trims will be in small batches too as a result. And yes we're hoping that parts for these cars are similar to the civics/fits of the same generation.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Having a look at your website, ACUITY Instruments: Performance Automotive Products, you have some interesting aftermarket products for Honda's.
Also interesting are your products for 1st Gen Acura TSX, since my wife's summer car is a modded 1st Gen TSX. :)

I wonder if you would be open to idea's from folks on this forum for suggestions on aftermarket products for the 1st Gen HRV?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having a look at your website, ACUITY Instruments: Performance Automotive Products, you have some interesting aftermarket products for Honda's.
Also interesting are your products for 1st Gen Acura TSX, since my wife's summer car is a modded 1st Gen TSX. :)

I wonder if you would be open to idea's from folks on this forum for suggestions on aftermarket products for the 1st Gen HRV?
Thanks for the love! Glad you to hear you're interested in our 1st gen TSX products too. If you or your wife have any questions on what parts may be a best fit for your needs, don't hesitate to send us an email (you'll get in direct touch with the team engineers this way).

We're always open to hear ideas from the community on what parts are in demand. We're still a small company with a handful of employees at our shop, so any direct feedback from his forum will be helpful for us to determine what we can take on with R&D and what we may be able to offer in the future :).

·
Registered
691 Posts
So I don't see any aftermarket exhaust components on your website but it doesn't really matter for the HRV.
Any vehicle with a CVT transmissions sounds terrible with a modded exhaust, so no need for exhaust components anyway!

HRV air filter box to rectangular inlet on the radiator core support, eliminating the large air intake resonator and the goofy plastic OEM tube.
The rectangular inlet on the core support is hard rubber so mandrel bent tubing with a coupler would work.
Or perhaps eliminate the entire assembly with a 1 piece molded silicon hose.

The HRV has a small 51R battery that is inadequate but it is very difficult to install a larger battery unlike most other Honda's.
I see that you folks to sell Civic battery trays to relocate the battery.
There is no need to relocate the HRV battery but there is need for a bolt in battery tray to accommodate a larger battery for the HRV.

Aluminum shift knobs are terrible. In hot weather and in cold weather. You guys likely sell a ton of aluminum shift knobs but everyone regrets that purchase.
There is a market for leather shift knobs though.

2006-08 TSX silicon molded throttle body coupler. OEM intake manifold, throttle body and air filter box.

Not sure this helps.. Just tossing out ideas. :)

Reactions: John35g

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Here are a few ideas from me as well
  1. Roof rails in various colors might also be a nice touch, especially for those LX models that didn't come with them.
  2. Shark fins in metal and other colors
  3. Trim around the fog lights

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,376 Posts
Some of the 'mods ' people have carried out via other sources;

1. Replacing drivers grab handle with a sunglass holder.
2. Installing footwell and under seat ambient lighting.
3. Boot storage solutions.
4. Rear passenger shelf for the boot.
5. Storage solution in the cup holder, due to lack of proper storage.

Things I've been looking for;

1. Lift out tray for odds'n'sods for the front passenger centre arm rest.
2. Retractable tonneau cover for the boot.
3. Adaptable storage solution for the trunk box under the boot floor if you're not fitted for a spare wheel.
4. Bag hooks for shopping bags. I'm currently using the locking mechanism for the OEM dog guard for this purpose.
5. An adjustable boot divider from the back seat to the hatch for carrying dogs and luggage. Other brands offer this.
6. Possible collapsible storage box for placing items in whilst you have the Magic Seats in the upright position that take into account the seats floor mounted locking mechanism.

I'm surprised @Dammit didn't mention his pet peeve, and want!

Pity there is a large body of water between you and my FWD manual 2016 HR-V! I'd be using dipped beam a lot on that journey.....

·
Registered
691 Posts
Some of the 'mods ' people have carried out via other sources;

1. Replacing drivers grab handle with a sunglass holder.
2. Installing footwell and under seat ambient lighting.
3. Boot storage solutions.
4. Rear passenger shelf for the boot.
5. Storage solution in the cup holder, due to lack of proper storage.

Things I've been looking for;

1. Lift out tray for odds'n'sods for the front passenger centre arm rest.
2. Retractable tonneau cover for the boot.
3. Adaptable storage solution for the trunk box under the boot floor if you're not fitted for a spare wheel.
4. Bag hooks for shopping bags. I'm currently using the locking mechanism for the OEM dog guard for this purpose.
5. An adjustable boot divider from the back seat to the hatch for carrying dogs and luggage. Other brands offer this.
6. Possible collapsible storage box for placing items in whilst you have the Magic Seats in the upright position that take into account the seats floor mounted locking mechanism.

I'm surprised @Dammit didn't mention his pet peeve, and want!

Pity there is a large body of water between you and my FWD manual 2016 HR-V! I'd be using dipped beam a lot on that journey.....

Acuity is a performance aftermarket Honda vendor, I think you are looking for a Wal-mart...

• Haha
Reactions: zerrrep

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
1,376 Posts
Acuity is a performance aftermarket Honda vendor, not a Wal-mart...
I never stated in my post that I was suggesting my list contained products they should produce. I merely gave them an insight into what a person who actually owns the vehicle they are looking to do mods for is actually looking to add to their vehicle, and may provide them with food for thought as to whether it was cost effective for them to look at producing products for the HR-V. I, for one, chose the HR-V for its convenience and comfort, with a little dash of fuel economy thrown into to the mix. If I was wanting to purchase a performance SUV, the HR-V would not be in contention.

According to the header page, this forum has 15,000 members, of which I can only recall a mere handful who have expressed an interest into modifying the powertrain of their HR-V's. Of that handful, I do not recall a single one who has actually done anything about it. The previous forum I was a member of was awash with people modifying their vehicles, from the most basic of upgrades to some of the most extreme. The most notable being the person who replaced the 1.8TSI petrol engine from his Yeti and swapped it for the 2.5 from an Audi TT-RS.

Skoda Yeti with an Audi TT-RS Motor – Engine Swap Depot

Perhaps Acuity are looking in the wrong direction and should take inspiration from the European market HR-V Sport which, unlike in NA, was a standalone model with bespoke engineering to take into account the 182bhp from the 1.5T engine, with adjustable dampers, variable rate steering, and a revised rear under carriage (and reduced cargo capacity) to take into account the twin exhaust?

Unfortunately I cannot comment on your Walmart reference as they as they appear to be a North America only institution?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.