Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your opinion please...
Considering getting seat covers for the front seats due to the Honda light seat color.....but I want them to somewhat match the rears.
I had these micro-fiber seat covers on my Rav in a red/black and they are awesome quality and fit like a glove....just not sure of this color.

Silver HRV
Light Gray interior

Lt Gray/Black

·
Super Moderator
1,611 Posts
They don't look good in the HRV. I have the same color covers in my HRV right now. They are left over from my Fit until i can get new covers. My interior is darker than yours.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They don't look good in the HRV. I have the same color covers in my HRV right now. They are left over from my Fit until i can get new covers. My interior is darker than yours.
Where yours purchased from GT Covers?

I've yet to see any other manufacturer's seat covers look anything like the quality of GT covers.
They look like OEM seats when installed.

Still debating on the color I want but pretty sure I'm getting a set.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I have the light grey interior which I love.
I scotch guarded it to help from getting stained.

My wife suggested seat covers to help protect them.
My point is I keep cars till they're dead (had my civic for 20 years).
So if they look great for the first 10, enjoy them natural.
When get stained, buy seat covers then and put them on.

No one will see if the seats are stained.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have the light grey interior which I love.
I scotch guarded it to help from getting stained.

My wife suggested seat covers to help protect them.
My point is I keep cars till they're dead (had my civic for 20 years).
So if they look great for the first 10, enjoy them natural.
When get stained, buy seat covers then and put them on.

No one will see if the seats are stained.
Thanks for your comments......

My reason for getting seat covers is 2-fold...

• To protect the seats since they are so light in color and will eventually stain regardless of spray-on protectant
  • If anyone has ever had the MicroFiber GT seat covers installed you'd know how nice they are. The feel and overall comfort of them is way better than the OEM material. Just like a brand new seat that is much more luxurious. Plus they do not fade & and are very stain resistant naturally without any added sprays.
Just need to decide on color combinations..... :nerd:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same color HRV as you and decided on the Velour H8 Graphite outer with T11 Charcoal inner
Before finding GT Covers I had already purchased the Honda OEM rear seat covers which are black wetsuit material since I have a messy 5yr old.
Personally I steered away from the microfiber as much as I like the feel (ordered swatches) The material felt "grippy" and I didn't like the variation of the "nap"

Good luck with your choice!

·
Super Moderator
1,611 Posts
Where yours purchased from GT Covers?

I've yet to see any other manufacturer's seat covers look anything like the quality of GT covers.
They look like OEM seats when installed.

Still debating on the color I want but pretty sure I'm getting a set.
They are GT covers. Other than some stains on them, they still looked good after 5 years.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same color HRV as you and decided on the Velour H8 Graphite outer with T11 Charcoal inner
Before finding GT Covers I had already purchased the Honda OEM rear seat covers which are black wetsuit material since I have a messy 5yr old.
Personally I steered away from the microfiber as much as I like the feel (ordered swatches) The material felt "grippy" and I didn't like the variation of the "nap"

Good luck with your choice!
Could you please tell me how you were able to order two different fabric colors for these GT seat covers? When I enter an order for the front row seats the website only allows one choice of fabric color. Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could you please tell me how you were able to order two different fabric colors for these GT seat covers? When I enter an order for the front row seats the website only allows one choice of fabric color. Thanks!
I called! :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The material felt "grippy" and I didn't like the variation of the "nap"
Just ordered a set of front Microfiber covers in the Lt. Gray/Black 2-tone color combination for my HRV with the light Gray interior.
I had the GT Covers Microfiber in my RAV for 3-years and noticed no "grippy" feel at all. Not sure what variation of "nap" means.....they do have sort of a "grain" to them.
Once installed and let to conform to the seats for a few days, I loved them.....such a high-end luxurious feeling and super comfortable.

Just a comment for others if you order the swatches to check fabrics/colors......
The swatches are very deceiving and hard to get a accurate idea of what a full size cover is......I would use it as a very general guide only and maybe only for color matching purposes.
They need to send out much bigger pieces than a little square to get any idea of what your actually going to get.

No matter what style you buy I don't think you can go wrong with the GT Covers.....expensive, but the quality and custom fit is one of the best out there.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Just ordered a set of front Microfiber covers in the Lt. Gray/Black 2-tone color combination for my HRV with the light Gray interior.
I had the GT Covers Microfiber in my RAV for 3-years and noticed no "grippy" feel at all. Not sure what variation of "nap" means.....they do have sort of a "grain" to them.
Once installed and let to conform to the seats for a few days, I loved them.....such a high-end luxurious feeling and super comfortable.

Just a comment for others if you order the swatches to check fabrics/colors......
The swatches are very deceiving and hard to get a accurate idea of what a full size cover is......I would use it as a very general guide only and maybe only for color matching purposes.
They need to send out much bigger pieces than a little square to get any idea of what your actually going to get.

No matter what style you buy I don't think you can go wrong with the GT Covers.....expensive, but the quality and custom fit is one of the best out there.
Does a front seat cover protect the front and back of the seat?

I wonder how the grey/blue combo would look inside the Deep Ocean Pearl HR-V.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does a front seat cover protect the front and back of the seat?

I wonder how the grey/blue combo would look inside the Deep Ocean Pearl HR-V.
Yes, they are a full cover.
If installed properly you wouldn't know they are a cover......looks factory.

Here is a picture I found from my Red RAV4......Micro fiber red/blk

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Received the front seat covers from GT covers........very impressed with quality, packaging, and color.
Much easier to install this time around since I had already done the RAV a few years ago.
The light Gray portion of the 2-tone matches the interior just about perfect

I think they fit the HRV better.....no lose areas or super tight spots.
I like the looks and feel of the GT microfiber a lot.

Reactions: Hondude

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Those look great and I imagine they're easy to clean.

I put some 303 on them just to be sure but the covers on my RAV wiped any stains right off with a damp cloth.
My wife likes them so much she is thinking of getting some for her HRV. :laugh:

·
Banned
609 Posts
I want to buy seat covers for the front seats only, and I asked the dealer how much they charge. They told me Honda does not offer them for the front seats because they contain a side curtain airbag. Anyone heard this before?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hairbag...

Try Wet Okole or, look around. I've seen nice covers (personally, I'd get the almost-canvas type... like if I traveled with a canine-being. I don't, unfortunately.) Maybe Covercraft is a manuf. also.
A manufacturer (who wants to stay in business), will state that the covers are side-bag-whatever-compliant, etc. etc. Look for that, and beware of certain foreign imitations.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I had Coverking brand neoprene seatcovers on my Honda Fit for the front seats only- they are made to accomodate side air bags & I assume most other seatcover brands these days are as well. If you are a Costco member- they have a sale once or twice a year and you can get them at a great price.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts