Honda HR-V Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Update-
I have yet to find out if the new version seat heaters get input from the climate control system. With the old two level control switch it seems kind of silly and redundant, but a schematic I found has the seat heater control box connected to the climate control box. This may just be for the dash switches. Both the old and new versions have thermostatic switches to control max temperature in the seat (Honda calls it a breaker) with the new version approx 30F cooler.

Here's the schematic I found which is for a late model Civic EX with heated front and rear seats. It looks like the front seats are controlled through the climate control and the back are the HRV old style. Both probably have the low temp breaker/switch so don't warm up well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The VIN has a letter code for the factory.
You'll have to look up which digit and the letters for Guad and Celaya.
The 11 digit in the VIN is the factory code.
The letter M is for Celaya, MX
The letter G is for El Salto (Guad)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought I'd share my experience. I have a 2019 HRV Sport (Canada). A little under a year of driving it I noticed that the seat heaters were working poorly (both front, no heaters in the rear). In my case, I'd turn the seat heater to high and it would get hot fast but then after about a minute or two the heat would disappear completely and never return. I could run the seat heater on high in 30C degree whether (86F) and didn't need to turn on the A/C. I took the car into Honda and they reported to me that the seat heater control module needs to be replaced. A replacement part is on back order until mid-July. I'll provide an update when it's installed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same issue with mine. I had Honda look it. There answer was more that they acknowledge it suck’s but can’t find any way to fix it. So wtf, this is literally the only thing now making me wish I would have bought the civic. I only like heated seats for my back and sciatic nerve. I guess we’ll see what it’s like when winter gets here. I’m going to try and see what it’s like with the climate temps higher and see if it’s hotter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Was wondering if any one had any success with the heated seats under performing here in Canada. We had purchased a new 2019 Honda HRV Touring and my wife notice that the heated seats were not warming up as other cars we had owned in the past.

I did have the dealership look at it and they had mentioned that the a heater module was not working. A week later, the part arrived and was replaced. Guess what, no change at all. On High, the seats barely get warm, and it takes forever and forget about low, it might as well be off.

One of the main reason why purchased this vehicle was the look and the heated seats.

Just wondering if any one found the solution to this problem.

Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’m dealing with same issue on a 2021. I think personally Honda has lowered the temp on the seats for 19-21 models.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why is this not public knowledge. Service managers should have known about this issue and should have past this information on to the buyers. Very frustrating that it is up to us to find this out on our own just for a sell.

I guess Toyota, here I come.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Why is this not public knowledge. Service managers should have known about this issue and should have past this information on to the buyers. Very frustrating that it is up to us to find this out on our own just for a sell.

I guess Toyota, here I come.
Agreed. My sales rep/friend was unaware either. He’s doing some research but has yet to find any concrete answers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am looking at seeing how to bypass the system controller and replace it with an older version to bump up the heat like the older models have.

I know it will void the warranty on the seats, but if I don't do something for this winter, my wife said Toyota here we come.

Just looking for a way to get a hold of the electrical diagram and parts list for the heated seats for this model and an older model and swap out the appropriate part to make this happen.

Any idea any one?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am looking at seeing how to bypass the system controller and replace it with an older version to bump up the heat like the older models have.

I know it will void the warranty on the seats, but if I don't do something for this winter, my wife said Toyota here we come.

Just looking for a way to get a hold of the electrical diagram and parts list for the heated seats for this model and an older model and swap out the appropriate part to make this happen.

Any idea any one?
I’m going to see if I can track down the heated seat control module from an older model or even a different model and see if same part number and try this out. This is a good idea you have suggested. Just gotta track down a part number.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ok so I found the part number for the module on the 16-18 models. 81289-t7a-j213-m2
Haven’t found the part number for my current one and not near my go kart to look at it physically lol. But if this part controls the temp then this might be the key. I found one on eBay. I’m gonna buy and try it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is what I found for the 2019 Honda HRV heater control module: 81289-T7A-S21
For 2016-2017 Honda HRV it is 81289-T7A-J21. Similar but I now think it has been modified at a lower temp restriction. I am thinking of going to the dealership and see if they have both of them in stock and see if they are similar in size and and for their electrical connections. I am hoping they are. Curious to know how much they are in the USA as they are around $300 Canadian new up here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see the one you are looking at on Ebay going for $56.99. I hope this does the trick. Please keep me posted.
So I found a cheaper on on eBay for $40. I’m thinking your right that with the 19-21 models they changed the max temp on the module. Shows it was shipped out today so I’ll know more next week.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts