Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Part came in today but I cannot locate where it is in the HRV. I thought it was under the driver seat but I’m not finding it. Is it behind the heater controls? Anyone know?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I see the one you are looking at on Ebay going for $56.99. I hope this does the trick. Please keep me posted.
Hey! I finally had a chance to replace the heat module. It works! Seats are def warmer than b4. I can actually feel heat off of them with my hand now.
The heat module is located directly behind the stereo on a slide mount. Remove the stereo (three bolts) then replace module. Also if your worried about any warranty’s, the circuit board can be swapped out in the module housings.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’ve just spent the past 40 minutes driving to pick up my son at basketball camp with the heated seats on with this new module. It’s amazing what a difference this is! my butt and lower back is on fire, I love it and so does the sciatic nerve in my back lol!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I thought I would write up a “how to” so you can resolve the heated seat issue for the 19-21 year models.
1. Start by opening the glove box, once opened you can start removing the front dash cover off. It will unclip with enough force just don’t go crazy.
2. disconnect the hazards lights button after you get the dash unclipped and set to the side Check YouTube for dash removal if unsure.
3. now that the dash is exposed there are 3 bolts holding the stereo in place. Remove the top 2 and for the bottom bolt it only needs loosened to slide the bracket up from around it.
4. remove the stereo and directly under where the stereo was seated you will see the “heat control module”. You need to slide it forward towards the front of the vehicle to remove it from its bracket and disconnect the wiring harness.
5. Replace the module with your module from the 16-18 year models and work in reverse putting everything back that your disconnected.
You should now have actual working heated seats! Parts numbers below.
16-18 module 81289-T7A-J21
19-21 module 81289-T7A-S21
Check eBay for some savings as this part is stupid expensive directly from Honda.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Antho, your the best. Will look around ebay or even the scrap yard to purchase the older module. My wife will thank you, big time. Cheers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I found a cheaper on on eBay for $40. I’m thinking your right that with the 19-21 models they changed the max temp on the module. Shows it was shipped out today so I’ll know more next week.
Could you send me the link from the product on ebay. I would like to do this too. Great job...A surprise for the wife...she will be so happy

41 - 47 of 47 Posts