Honda HR-V Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Part came in today but I cannot locate where it is in the HRV. I thought it was under the driver seat but I’m not finding it. Is it behind the heater controls? Anyone know?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I see the one you are looking at on Ebay going for $56.99. I hope this does the trick. Please keep me posted.
Hey! I finally had a chance to replace the heat module. It works! Seats are def warmer than b4. I can actually feel heat off of them with my hand now.
The heat module is located directly behind the stereo on a slide mount. Remove the stereo (three bolts) then replace module. Also if your worried about any warranty’s, the circuit board can be swapped out in the module housings.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’ve just spent the past 40 minutes driving to pick up my son at basketball camp with the heated seats on with this new module. It’s amazing what a difference this is! my butt and lower back is on fire, I love it and so does the sciatic nerve in my back lol!!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I thought I would write up a “how to” so you can resolve the heated seat issue for the 19-21 year models.
1. Start by opening the glove box, once opened you can start removing the front dash cover off. It will unclip with enough force just don’t go crazy.
2. disconnect the hazards lights button after you get the dash unclipped and set to the side Check YouTube for dash removal if unsure.
3. now that the dash is exposed there are 3 bolts holding the stereo in place. Remove the top 2 and for the bottom bolt it only needs loosened to slide the bracket up from around it.
4. remove the stereo and directly under where the stereo was seated you will see the “heat control module”. You need to slide it forward towards the front of the vehicle to remove it from its bracket and disconnect the wiring harness.
5. Replace the module with your module from the 16-18 year models and work in reverse putting everything back that your disconnected.
You should now have actual working heated seats! Parts numbers below.
16-18 module 81289-T7A-J21
19-21 module 81289-T7A-S21
Check eBay for some savings as this part is stupid expensive directly from Honda.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Antho, your the best. Will look around ebay or even the scrap yard to purchase the older module. My wife will thank you, big time. Cheers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I found a cheaper on on eBay for $40. I’m thinking your right that with the 19-21 models they changed the max temp on the module. Shows it was shipped out today so I’ll know more next week.
Could you send me the link from the product on ebay. I would like to do this too. Great job...A surprise for the wife...she will be so happy

·
Registered
35 Posts
Could you send me the link from the product on ebay. I would like to do this too. Great job...A surprise for the wife...she will be so happy
Here's a few I found on ebay

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just leased a 2021 Honda HRV Touring edition 2 months ago and while it was the end of July I figured I’d try the heated seats. Sometimes I get cold even in the middle of summer. Turned it on and hardly any heat. It is now end of September and it’s cold this morning. I’ve read other posts saying that it’s linked to the climate control and I blasted the heat but still barely anything. My 2018 Civic SE had the best heated seats. I know it’s easier to feel the heat on the cloth seats a lot more but come on! For a fully loaded model with perforated leather, this is crappy! I’m taking it into Honda. My butt isn’t warm enough and it’s only end of September. I live in Canada where it’s sooo cold in winter. Love the vehicle but it’s times like this I wish I kept the Civic. Didn’t even have 30,000 Kms on it and I traded it in for this. I’m going to take the advice above and get this part from eBay. Thank you!

·
Registered
767 Posts
I just leased a 2021 Honda HRV Touring edition 2 months ago and while it was the end of July I figured I’d try the heated seats. Sometimes I get cold even in the middle of summer. Turned it on and hardly any heat. It is now end of September and it’s cold this morning. I’ve read other posts saying that it’s linked to the climate control and I blasted the heat but still barely anything. My 2018 Civic SE had the best heated seats. I know it’s easier to feel the heat on the cloth seats a lot more but come on! For a fully loaded model with perforated leather, this is crappy! I’m taking it into Honda. My butt isn’t warm enough and it’s only end of September. I live in Canada where it’s sooo cold in winter. Love the vehicle but it’s times like this I wish I kept the Civic. Didn’t even have 30,000 Kms on it and I traded it in for this. I’m going to take the advice above and get this part from eBay. Thank you!
Not controlled by Climate control - and my 2017 takes a bit to heat up, but they get hot.
Talk on this website that Honda adjusted the max temp down on later models (mid 2018 ??? i think) - so that could be the issue or your 2021.
Did they drop it for safety reasons ? not sure why.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The climate control module I listed it is the culprit. Just swap the one in your 2021 for one out of a 16-18 model and it’ll fix it. Or you can always take it in to Honda and have them replace it too. Mileage could vary if they will do it on warranty but it’s worth a try. It took me a bit to figure this out but with the help of some others guys on here I figured it out. Was glad that I found a fix.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The climate control module I listed it is the culprit. Just swap the one in your 2021 for one out of a 16-18 model and it’ll fix it. Or you can always take it in to Honda and have them replace it too. Mileage could vary if they will do it on warranty but it’s worth a try. It took me a bit to figure this out but with the help of some others guys on here I figured it out. Was glad that I found a fix.
any concerns that Honda may have dropped the temps for safety reasons ?

·
Registered
767 Posts
My guess is complaint’s of too hot. All I know is my butt and back are warm and toasty now. Perfect too Bc my sciatic nerve needs the heat while driving.
I doubt they made changes in the wire GA, or fuse sizes etc. (That may indicate the earlier models were/are dangerous as is.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought I'd share my experience. I have a 2019 HRV Sport (Canada). A little under a year of driving it I noticed that the seat heaters were working poorly (both front, no heaters in the rear). In my case, I'd turn the seat heater to high and it would get hot fast but then after about a minute or two the heat would disappear completely and never return. I could run the seat heater on high in 30C degree whether (86F) and didn't need to turn on the A/C. I took the car into Honda and they reported to me that the seat heater control module needs to be replaced. A replacement part is on back order until mid-July. I'll provide an update when it's installed.
UPDATE: Sorry for the long delay on this. New seat heater control module was installed and the seats were working again. I should note that it definitely seems like the seat heaters are designed to be on the mild side. The seats get really warm initially and then taper off quite quick and the just maintain a luke warm feeling.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts