Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had mine replaced at 56000 miles. I live up north so with the cold weather and summer time. The heat and cold will cause the rubber to expand and over time cause it to crack. It wasn’t to expensive to have them replace it. It cost me like $165 to have the dealership replace it. You can probably get the belt for like $25-30 on amazon & might take 1 to 1.5 hrs to replace it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Factory-Recommended Maintenance for 2016 and Newer Honda HR-V
To help ensure that your 2016 or newer Honda HR-V stays strong during its entire life, follow the Honda factory-recommended maintenance schedule. Performing all the various maintenance items at the recommended time will help to prevent mechanical problems before they occur, saving you money, hassle, and time. Additionally, following these schedules will help keep your manufacturer’s warranty intact for the life of the warranty.
• Replace the brake fluid every 3 years Independent of the maintenance messages in the information display
• Inspect idle speed every 160,000 miles.
• Adjust the valves during services A, B, 1, 2 or 3 if they are noisy.

Go to di-uploads-pod1.dealerinspire.com (2007-and-newer-CR-V-and-HR-V-maintenance subpage)
Font Material property Parallel Pattern Document

No disrespect to anyone but when in doubt always follow the manufacturer’s recommended maintenance section of the owners manual. Normally belts last 60,000 miles on a vehicle. If you wish to push it beyond that its your personal preference. Every vehicle manufacturer is different, if Ford wants to say don’t need to replace it, then is up to them to assume the risk. All I know is that cracking in a belt will eventually cause it to break. It can happen now or it could happen 100,000 miles from now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts