Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got the belt from Honda $80
Replaced it myself. I had alternator fail at 74,000 miles so that’s when I did the belt. It had minor cracks but could likely easily go to 100,000 miles. The way I see it if you feel uncomfortable change it. It should be fine a lilttle while longer but like someone implied. You never know. Don’t want to get stuck.
I must say it’s a pain in the ass to change due to the routing which honda does not put a diagram of under the hood. Take or draw a picture
Also the belt tensioner pulley is hard to hold in the position to apply the belt.Would be better with 2 people one to hold the tensioner and one to apply belt. I did it alone. If you have 2 wheel drive like I do you will need to remove bottom aero shield to get access to crank pulley. Also take belt out of its cardboard wrapping and lay it out in house for a while So it looses the folded up shape. This made routing around the pulleys difficult as it retained the memory of being folded
up. Good luck if you do it your self wich I recommend so you learn how to work on your own vehicles. It’s good knowledge to have

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yea , I know. I had no choice. No local people had it. Had to go to a dealer and it had to be done on that day due to alternator failure. I could not shop around, So I got stuck with dealer prices however I did not do OEM alternator which was , based on my recollection mid to high 500 dollars. Got a new alt from autozone fir $ 250. I am an OEM only guy but Let’s hope. I took a chance.
so far so good

1 - 2 of 2 Posts