Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does “Service B 16” mean? I did an internet search and got results for a wheel rotation but for a Civic. When I went in for my oil change I showed it to them but all they did was change the oil and reset the dashboard gauge. Also, what about the rear differential with that many miles (almost 15,000) not being serviced either?

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I knew that I should have said something and I'm glad that I have the pictures because he cleared the codes. Thanks for the help. I'll have to go back, I'm just out a trip.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm not sure why they skipped the differential fluid (if that code is right). But I just went for my first service which called for a tire rotation. I picked up my car and noticed that the chip on one of my wheels was still in the same position, so they clearly didn't rotate them. I went back to check and they said all treads had even wear and tread depths so they skipped the rotation. Of course it's only after I took it back to them that I finally saw that info written on my inspection sheet. 😅

So the rotation might have been skipped for the same reason. Differential fluid though.....bad on them if it was supposed to be done.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The treadwear was in fact worn even and I could understand that excuse but when I showed the service person the "B 1 6", he acted like it didn't mean anything. I wanted to see what happened inside the shop. I'll have to talk to the service adviser about it. The maintenance shop is separate.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
645 Posts
Are you not given the option to choose a mileage or annual service regime rather than relying on the built in Service Monitor (?). I am on 12,500 mile or 12 month servicing with everything printed when it requires replacing, and what is done when, so there is no excuse for them not carrying it out.

My next service in March 2022, is the 6 Year Service and that is going to be a belter as a number of major components are changed at that one, but at least I can plan ahead for it.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Are you not given the option to choose a mileage or annual service regime rather than relying on the built in Service Monitor (?). I am on 12,500 mile or 12 month servicing with everything printed when it requires replacing, and what is done when, so there is no excuse for them not carrying it out.

My next service in March 2022, is the 6 Year Service and that is going to be a belter as a number of major components are changed at that one, but at least I can plan ahead for it.
It's your car, you have all the options. Just know if you have service done less often than Honda recommends, they have the option to void your warranty.

·
Registered
645 Posts
The 12,500 mile/12 month servicing regime I mentioned above is by, and carried out by Honda. I had only covered 4,700 miles between my 4th and 5th Services, so it was done via time since last service rather than mileage limit.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was able to go back today to the dealership's "full service center" and inquire why they did not service the rear differential. They said that they just do oil and tires and that anything else would have to be done at the Honda service department. I said okay but that I have lost confidence in the personnel for not knowing the codes and to properly direct me to what needs to be done to my car. Again, he said to take it to the service department. So, I went there and the "Service Lane Manager" (service writer ??) wasn't there and I made an appointment with the parts department clerk to have my car serviced next week. It's already 700 miles past its due date. This dealership is huge, thousands of car, and this is my first experience buying a brand new car and having a full warranty. Needless to say, I'm disappointed and don't feel like I'm "in good hands". Furthermore, I'm glad that I have y'all to help me.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Check the T&C's when it comes to Servicing. In the UK you are normally given a grace period of 'within 30 days or 1,000 miles', however, our servicing is normally time and mileage based and not the on board computer thingy-ma-bob service nanny. It may be worth raising this with Honda US in case there is any issues further down the line, not just with the diff. They may also be interested to know there appears to be a dealership knowledge gap when it comes to the servicing codes and they may also be skipping servicing items.

Dealerships here are generally quite good when it comes to servicing as they want to retain you for the steady stream of income it brings. Up until the late 90's or so, if you wanted to maintain your warranty you had to take it to a dealership for servicing. Take it anywhere else and your warranty was more or less nul and void. However, the Block Exemption rule was brought in which means you can get your vehicle serviced elsewhere and still maintain your warranty as long as certain criteria is met. So dealerships are under pressure to provide a decent service otherwise you can go elsewhere and they would still have to pay for any warranty work - First 2 years of warranty are covered by Honda UK, 3rd year is covered by dealerships.

Your situation also raises the issue of what you paid for and what you received. If you paid for the rear differential service and did not receive it, then that could open them up to a whole host of things, especially if it was signed off as being completed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts