Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My last car was a 2007 Honda Accord SE. So that is what I have to compare my new 2021 HRV Sport. The packet of books you get in the glove box with my accord had a service history book that you could have the dealer stamp or if you do it write down the date and check off what was done. I dont see this booklet with the HRV. I have a warrenty book owners manuel and a consumer rights booklet. Did they forget the service booklet or they dont give you one anymore..Also I dont see the little card that had your radio code on it if you happen to change the battery...I see they still use a 51R battery. I wish they would have increased the size by now.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
240 Posts
My six month old 2020 doesn't have this book either but perhaps those features are in the "HondaLink" app that's available for your phone. Now, as for the code for the head unit (radio), if your car is an LX with the basic head unit then it doesn't have a code.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My six month old 2020 doesn't have this book either but perhaps those features are in the "HondaLink" app that's available for your phone. Now, as for the code for the head unit (radio), if your car is an LX with the basic head unit then it doesn't have a code.
My model is the sport..

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
248 Posts
Our two HR-Vs didn't have the service book, either. 😢

I just keep a notepad in the glovebox for all service records...:devilish: If you ever do maintenance out of sync with the Maintenance Minder (such as, replacing CVT fluid early or inspections such as cabin or engine filters) you will be glad you wrote the stuff down.

My daughter's '07 Fit MM got so out of kilter during its 150,000 miles & 12 years, it was useless.

Reactions: rszappa1

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
240 Posts
Does anyone have an example from an Accord or Civic that they could post here? I'd like to make one for my car, in .doc or .pdf format, and would share it here. That way everyone could download and print it for their own car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You know how serious they are about keeping costs down when Honda won't give you any paper.

I suppose it's all in the MM bytes which are cheap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My last car was a 2007 Honda Accord SE. So that is what I have to compare my new 2021 HRV Sport. The packet of books you get in the glove box with my accord had a service history book that you could have the dealer stamp or if you do it write down the date and check off what was done. I dont see this booklet with the HRV. I have a warrenty book owners manuel and a consumer rights booklet. Did they forget the service booklet or they dont give you one anymore..Also I dont see the little card that had your radio code on it if you happen to change the battery...I see they still use a 51R battery. I wish they would have increased the size by now.
By "service booklet", I'll assume you meant "maintenance record" since no vehicle comes with a "service manual".

I'll also assume that you are referring to a blank form that you fill out with the information such as date, odometer, service performed, and who performed it.

If so, that's obsolete.

Now, you create a free account at owners.honda.com and add your vehicle by VIN. Every time a Honda dealer services the vehicle (warranty or non-warranty), it'll appear in that database which is free to access by anyone. You can also make a manual entry if you perform a service yourself or have it done outside of a Honda dealer.

Here's an example from my 2019 Ridgeline. Clicking the + sign by each entry reveals additional details.

·
Registered
517 Posts
My 2017 came with a DISC that has a downloadable manual. (5.3MB PDF file)
If you have the SAT/NAV radio- no need for codes (or even a memory saver) if you disconnect battery.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
377 Posts
I got a Service Booklet with my 2016 HR-V which I purchased in 2020.

A lot of manufacturers now no longer offer a Service Booklet and keep everything online. They'll probably claim it is for environmental reasons, however, being the cynical bar steward that I am, it is more likely to encourage the new owner to visit the dealership.

Even though they may not supply one as standard you can buy one if you really want one

Genuine Honda Service Book - SERVICEBOOK - (enquire via HUS, obviously!)

I just got my HR-V serviced in March this year and received one of these (remember I am in the UK and have the 1.5 petrol manual) ;

I also received a 'Vehicle Health Check' which uses a traffic light system to inform you of the status of various parts of your vehicle.

Even though I was issued a Service Booklet with my last vehicle they stopped providing all the paperwork I used to get after a service, I just went in one day (I had business in town and parking at the dealership for 6 hours does not cost anything compared to what private companies charge) and asked for a printout of all the missing paperwork which they were only too happy to do. So that is still an option for you.

·
Premium Member
2020 HR-V LX AWD
240 Posts
I looked around the HondaLink app and it does have a maintenance feature but every time that I try to view it, it says to register my vehicle with the app. I did that, entered the VIN and it said that it's added but yet still when I try to view maintenance it tells me again to register my vehicle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts