Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Translated text below, courtesy of Google translate. Only 500 units per month????

Lazaro Cardenas, Mich., March 26, 2015.- The Port of Lazaro Cardenas received the first rail shipment of new HR-V units of the Japanese company Honda, which come from its plant in Celaya, Guanajuato, with destination the USA. This represents the start of the regular operation for the export of this model, which is contemplated handling 500 units per month; This time, the procedure for the transfer of the cars was held in the storage yard Island Cayacal this port area, with maneuvers efectudas by Amports of Mexico. Thanks to Lazaro Cardenas is a trusted port, Honda opted to allocate part of its production in this way, with full security to continue taking advantage of the commercial advantages of this complex supply chain. This is how the Michoacan port developed as the ideal for automotive strategic point, contributing to the consolidation of Mexico as one of the major export countries in the world. Notably, since the opening of the Bajio Honda plant, the company has been part of the logistical benefits of this port to meet your business needs for sending new models to the US market. Thus, the automotive export continues to build a solid way, bringing the Port of Lazaro Cardenas is positioned as the best of the Pacific in this area. Thus demonstrating the eficiciencia of its services, the safety of cargo handling and certainty of their experience, contributing to continued growth of the industry and reiterating attracting global investment in Mexico. Thereby extending a number of benefits such as generating a source of direct and indirect jobs, economic flow in the region and improving infrastructure. Stressing the importance of the commitments made by APILAC in the search for new negotiations that not only reflen in port activities but throughout the municipality, placing the port at the highest levels.

The original text This article was published by Quadratín Agency at the following address: http://www.quadratin.com.mx/economia/Recibe-puerto-nuevo-modelo-de-autos-Honda/

This content is protected by law. If you quote, please state the source and make a link to the original note of where you've taken. Quadratín Agency. All Rights Reserved © 2014.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I am not sure what the 500 represents. Does it mean shipments or production....and are all cars being shipped this way?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe they are using that port to ship 500 cars a month to the west coast I would think they are shipping to the east coast from Veracruz and Laredo should be the path they follow to ship to the center of the US, the article is for that specific port not honda production, however there is evidence that they are already on its way to the US and yes that does look like a price sticker on the window

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Does anyone have the technical know how to expand and then clarify pictures?

I am dying to know what is on the window stickers.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I believe they are using that port to ship 500 cars a month to the west coast I would think they are shipping to the east coast from Veracruz and Laredo should be the path they follow to ship to the center of the US, the article is for that specific port not honda production, however there is evidence that they are already on its way to the US and yes that does look like a price sticker on the window
Thanks for the clarification.....that does make more sense.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The stickers are the Monroney stickers that include the fuel economy, features, and yes price. Unless there is a higher resolution image somewhere, your chances of getting anything useful out of the image is < 0.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Well it looks like they learned a lesson from the Fit. That press embargo ended on April 9th last year with the model to "go on sale later this month", which we know turned out to be June. Looks like they will be on US soil before the embargo and announced sale of the vehicle.

Hopefully pricing will be leaked soon!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Does anyone have the technical know how to expand and then clarify pictures?

I am dying to know what is on the window stickers.
"ENHANCE " *click* :nerd: ...um, it just looks like a bunch of squares I can't see ****.
Um yes sir, because this is real life, not science fiction. ...dam.

EDIT: I attempted to actually "enhance" cause we all know we're curious. The results were ...well, I don't know what I was expecting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
"ENHANCE " *click* :nerd: ...um, it just looks like a bunch of squares I can't see ****.
Um yes sir, because this is real life, not science fiction. ...dam.

EDIT: I attempted to actually "enhance" cause we all know we're curious. The results were ...well, I don't know what I was expecting.

It's because the image is 300x450 it'll take ALOT of fixing to make that pic enhance enough to read that doc I'll give it a shot but idk if it'll be any better than your attempt.

·
Registered
185 Posts
For what it's worth, the price info on that sticker is in the middle section, to the left of those black bars. The features are listed on the left side, gas mileage info on the upper right, environmental impact on the lower left.

Too fuzzy for me to read any of it, but I wanted to make aware of where to zero in for info if anyone knows how to properly enhance it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
HR-Vs to Port of Davisville, RI?

North Atlantic Distribution in the Quonset Business Park in North Kingstown, Rhode Island started receiving Fits last year at the Port of Davisville from the Honda plant in Celaya, but I have not seen any local press about the HR-V.

I can drive by tomorrow, but don't know if I will be able to see anything.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts