Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had no luck in seeing the green in person. I have seen one image somewhere here of a green one and I loved it. But - maybe it was just the lighting that day. If you have come across one, please post a pic. If you saw it and didn't snap pic - please give me your impressions! Is it truly a dark green and nothing like the color on the website? Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am loving that colour. Very Sherwood forest, Robin Hood and Maid Marion. Would look great here, in the rainforest of what you folks would call the Pacific Northwest (Southwest to us, though we don't call it that).

Just a shame that we don't get this colour, or red or mulberry, in my EX FWD 6MT trim in Canada.
:crying:

·
Registered
805 Posts
I have had no luck in seeing the green in person. I have seen one image somewhere here of a green one and I loved it. But - maybe it was just the lighting that day. If you have come across one, please post a pic. If you saw it and didn't snap pic - please give me your impressions! Is it truly a dark green and nothing like the color on the website? Thanks!!!!
According to cars.com, most greens are LX's or EX-L's, not many EX's.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Oh the infamous "sexy doctor" photo shoot. We had a blast discussing that one "back in the day".....last summer. There are some fun threads on here about that:D
Yes, and amazingly, I remembered that the Doctor's car was green!

We're now thinking green, but have seen it only in Japan.

·
Registered
805 Posts
This morning I drove over to a larger volume dealer to look at a green EX, AWD, CVT.

Actually drove right past it, while admiring a Milano Red LX farther down the row ... turned around, and yes, the green is darker than Honda's web depictions ... much closer to Bicepeak's photo ... but certainly not as dark as the RAV-4/Camry green.

Combined with the black interior, the impact of the green, IMO however, is that of a very dark car ... despite have the same black interior, the red is much more "cheerful," if that makes any sense.

She Who Must Be Obeyed has yet to visit either the red or the green ... so all color decisions are on hold.

----------

My impressions of a 7 mile spin:

– Road noise is significantly less than my 2010 Prius.

– The CVT is well matched to the 1800cc engine ... much quieter, less engine racing than the Prius ... I really like the transmission ... effortless, and efficient.

– Acceleration is "adequate."

– Boot/trunk space is a bit less than I expected.

– With the driver's seat cranked up and back to the max, at 6'1" tall, 34" inseam, it was a snug fit (no pun intended) ... head barely scraped the sunroof ... would probably try to modify the driver's seat for more legroom.

– Back-up and lane-change cameras are both useful/helpful.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I see what your saying with the Green, it is just so close to Black, as is the Mulberry. Nice colors, but so VERY dark and doesn't provide much contrast to take advantage of the HRVs design. The Red definitely has pizazz and depth to it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Colors in the brochure:

Got my first look at a Modern Metallic EX-L today.
Also got a sales brochure from the dealer. The paint chips inside are excellent in regard to actual colors.
The Misty Green Pearl is definitely darker than most of the online graphics.

The color is very similar to an Acura color that I had called Deep Green Pearl.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I still really like the green, in the pics at least. Understated, like me... the red may be too much of a statement for me, at this point in my life.

I think maybe I like the green all the more because I can't have it... like the little kid that wants his sister's cookie.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts