Honda HR-V Forum banner
321 - 340 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
6spd FWD
57 Posts
...non oem roof rails finally arrived. I did not notice any wind noise with just the roof rails and crossbars attached but definitely an increased whistling noise when driving with the roof rack installed. I noticed the whistling noise at 35mph, when at highways speed of 80mph, it sounded like a window was open(small gap opening)

Both roof rails and crossbars were secured and did not see any movements, even when driving around with the roof rack installed.
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
43 Posts
How did you wire the lights attached to the basket? I’m guessing you tapped a fuse and set up a switch and tucked the wire behind panels after entering the vehicle near the trunk or a door???

·
Registered
6spd FWD
57 Posts
How did you wire the lights attached to the basket? I’m guessing you tapped a fuse and set up a switch and tucked the wire behind panels after entering the vehicle near the trunk or a door???

I didn’t get to wire the lights yet, my priority was to do a test run on how secure the rails, bars, and racks while driving.

I will wire the lights almost how you described it, I will use the wire entrance point where the roof and trunk meets.

I will attach the single rear light to the reverse light so it will be on whenever i put the car in reverse.

The two sidelights will be attached to a switch and will use the interior fuse box above the gas tank lever on the left side for power.

321 - 340 of 367 Posts