Honda HR-V Forum banner

321 - 340 of 340 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,775 Posts
No. I meant the classic flat top tube. I have not been keep up with bikes in ages. I guess advances in manufacturing made angled/curved tubing possible.

·
Registered
6spd FWD
30 Posts
...non oem roof rails finally arrived. I did not notice any wind noise with just the roof rails and crossbars attached but definitely an increased whistling noise when driving with the roof rack installed. I noticed the whistling noise at 35mph, when at highways speed of 80mph, it sounded like a window was open(small gap opening)

Both roof rails and crossbars were secured and did not see any movements, even when driving around with the roof rack installed.
11431B56-36FC-462A-9470-DA8853674399.jpeg
911C3D2F-FD52-4905-89A6-4786339862F7.jpeg

·
Registered
24 Posts
How did you wire the lights attached to the basket? I’m guessing you tapped a fuse and set up a switch and tucked the wire behind panels after entering the vehicle near the trunk or a door???

·
Registered
6spd FWD
30 Posts
How did you wire the lights attached to the basket? I’m guessing you tapped a fuse and set up a switch and tucked the wire behind panels after entering the vehicle near the trunk or a door???

I didn’t get to wire the lights yet, my priority was to do a test run on how secure the rails, bars, and racks while driving.

I will wire the lights almost how you described it, I will use the wire entrance point where the roof and trunk meets.

I will attach the single rear light to the reverse light so it will be on whenever i put the car in reverse.

The two sidelights will be attached to a switch and will use the interior fuse box above the gas tank lever on the left side for power.

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
270 Posts
You have opened the hatch with the roof box and all its gubbins in situ.......😝

321 - 340 of 340 Posts