1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems no one bothers to use them.

Is it difficult to use?

Useless?

We already have a photo section. Gallery serves any function?

·
Administrator
280 Posts
We can not determine why members do/do not engage is some features. Having it enables and available is not detrimental, so we'll keep it around in case some do choose to use these features.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
296 Posts
"Photo section" and "Gallery" basically sound like different names for the same thing.

While I randomly do take a bunch of photos (be it my HR-V, my Fit, or something unrelated to automotives), I tend to not want to post them unless they seem more "pertinent." I won't go into it, but its just my mindset.

"Showcases" would be great if there were a lot of "themed" galleries. Things like kitted out for a race track, show or some event (Halloween, Valentine's, etc)... instead of just "plain" HR-Vs. I don't mean to offend folks that post, but... if there's little to no change, then it's pretty much just like any other. Sure, new aftermarket wheels are nice, but is it really a "showcase?" And then there are a bunch (half?) that don't even have any photos. Makes even less sense.

I just did a quick look... and there's a thread for "Show Us Your HRV Photos!" which is great for a couple of shots, whether it's "plain" or not. And I think (if using the wheels example) a main thread like "Show your wheels" is greatly preferred over multiple threads with two or three shots (with little to no discussion). Again, I think that's kinda just my mindset.

I kinda envision a modified "introduction" section... where each member's thread will contain just about everything about them and/or their ride (a blog?). If it's a mod or repair, it would be an automatic cross post from the relevant section. I wonder if there's a way to create an option when posting (a thread or reply) that can be checked, so said post would be duplicated into the member's thread, possibly like a quote in case others are curious as to the rest of the thread it was related to. Having it optional would avoid overloading it with post that would otherwise be simple answers to other posts.

Speaking of consolidated vs multiple threads... the "What did you do.." section and thread, having both kinda don't make sense to me. I think having just the one thread (stickied/pinned in the general section) makes more sense, at least to me. Some posts in the section feel like they fit just fine in the general section.

I guess it's more me making a comment about perhaps having too many subsections makes each subsection feel emptier than it needs to. Possibly similar is spreading out posts among too many threads.

·
Administrator
280 Posts
We can certainly take the consolidation approach into account, though we've often noticed the more narrow and directed the paths, the more some like to stray from it. All of this in attempt to balance and support wherever anyone would "first" think to share this stuff.

Thanks for thinking of how everyone develops and engages in the community. It certainly gives us much to mull over.

-Gerrit

1 - 4 of 4 Posts