Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I recently looked at a new Honda HR-V LX 2018 and it had some weird dark smudge on the metal way under the car (under the trunk), but the same car in black color didn't. I asked the dealer about it, as he said those cars were both brand new, so you would expect them to be identical. He offered to look at the 2019 models. Again, the silver car had the smudge and the black one didn't. I have no idea how to explain that. Why would a silver car, specifically, have that? Has anyone seen something like that or is something off with those particular cars?
Thank you in advance!

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Did you look to see if the "smudge" was on other color HR-V's? maybe it just isn't visible on the black one.
Thanks for replying. They only had the 2018 and the 2019 models in silver and black (one of each color). The smudge was on the metal part of the car which was the same in both cars regardless of exterior color.

Registered
Mine also has that smudge of black along the inside of the lift gate......and I thought that it had been wrecked and repainted but obviously, this is how it is done. My car is Marino Red. Glad to see this post!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts