Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain to me why a SiriusXM radio is only available on the EX-L? Don't like/want leather seats, but must have a SiriusXM radio. I don't understand why Honda doesn't offer this as an option on the other trim levels.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Jreid53,

I share your frustration, its because Honda Marketing are $$#@@^&&^%^&!!!!! IDIOTS,

It's too bad, cuz now I'm moving on and will turn my attention to the 2016 Tucson. HYUNDAI will provide Sirius. and alot more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rjvanro,

It just doesn't make any sense, does it? I really thought this was going to be my next car. I just don't understand why Honda only has SiriusXM on their premium trim levels with leather seats. I'm sure they will sell a bunch of these at all trim levels, but it's looking like I won't be getting one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I don't dont see it as a big deal myself. It's extremely easy to get the XM app on your phone then connect your phone to the car. Exactly the same as listening to Pandora or Spotify in your car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guys may not consider it a big deal, but I do. I put about 3000 miles on my car a month. Where I live, the local radio sucks and I also go out of town frequently. I don't want to tie up my phone with XM. I also don't want a standalone unit that I have to find a place for in the car and have extra wires to deal with. I want an in-dash unit. I'm sure you guys have things you consider deal-breakers. This is one of mine. Several car brands have SiriusXM radios on most or all trim lines. It shouldn't be a big deal, but Honda seems to only want to let you have one if you get the top-level trim. Doesn't make any sense to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ever hear of I Heart Radio? I use quite often to hear what I want. Costs nothing.
Yes I have. Which cars does it come installed on?

I want a radio that is installed in the car & is controllable from the steering wheel. Which ones meet those criteria?

·
Registered
484 Posts
ever hear of I Heart Radio? I use quite often to hear what I want. Costs nothing.

I Heart is in no way comparable to Sirius XM - SXM has tons of sports, specialty programing, special talk channels, etc, etc. THIS is why everyone is up in arms that does not want to have to get the top trim as opposed to a lesser trim.

That said... SXM does have an app. I do not use it - just full internet and a portable device so I do not know how it really works. But I would not really want to have to plug a phone (iphone only?) on to be able to have full control. Which of course means the top trim level. I don't care for leather here in the South, but...when I'm spending $$$$$, I figure I might as well spend a little more. It all depends on a test drive of course...

Edit: I've had a portable connected to my AUX in my 2006 Civic...kinda want to get away from that 'alt' solution and have everything right there in the car always.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the HR-
V EX and my only complaint is no Serius XM. I thought I'd get used to not having it but I'm really missing it. Getting it installed today -- not as good as having it through the car, but at least I'll have my music selections.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I purchased the HR-
V EX and my only complaint is no Serius XM. I thought I'd get used to not having it but I'm really missing it. Getting it installed today -- not as good as having it through the car, but at least I'll have my music selections.
Welcome and congrats on your HR-V!

I have an EX-L on order and XM is the main reason why I'm getting an EX-L instead of an EX. The EX has everything I'd want except XM. I don't care about leather, Nav or roof rails. I really wish I didn't care about XM since that would save me thousands.

To some it might seem stupid to pay so much more for an EX-L to get XM, but I'm also someone who doesn't want to hook up through a phone, have wires laying around, etc. I want to control music via the steering wheel buttons. At least I'll get a handful of additional things for paying the difference.

I would have loved it if Honda included XM on lower trims, but I can understand why they don't. If they put every goodie on the lower trim levels, what would be left to distinguish them from a higher trim? No one would buy a higher trim if everything's included on the lower trim.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know why Honda is so stingy with their features particularly XM. My brother bought a Kia Sorento instead of a CR-V just because XM wasn't offered on the lower level CRV trim. Kia seems to offer it on all their trim levels. I bought the HR-V EXL instead of an EX because of the XM although I wanted leather and a sunroof so I'm satisfied. I have no interest in the satellite though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
XM is the reason I ended up with the EX-L. The app was mentioned to me too, but I didn't really want to use that much data or tie up my phone just to listen to the radio. I spend far too much time in my car, with questionable local radio service, to not use XM.

Now all that being said, Honda's satellite radio is not even remotely close to as good as the radio was in my Ford. It cuts out much more frequently than it did in the Ford. I'm still glad I have it, but that was a bit of a disappointment. I'm sure, though, that reception will improve once winter rolls around and the trees drop their leaves. And that's when I'm in my car the most.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Could of purchased thousands of mp3s with the money saved getting an EX and then just plug in a flash drive.

With XMs pricing games and horrific customer service I would never want to mess with them ever again......even if it did come standard on the EX.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can see it can be deal breaker if you really really want it,
Me and wife, we don't care much for XM radio and don't think will be renewing the subscription after 3 months.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Could of purchased thousands of mp3s with the money saved getting an EX and then just plug in a flash drive.

With XMs pricing games and horrific customer service I would never want to mess with them ever again......even if it did come standard on the EX.
One could purchase thousands of chocolate pies too...

Me, I would not have a car without it. Music of your choice, news...of your choice, all sorts of programs in between.

·
Registered
454 Posts
One could purchase thousands of chocolate pies too...

Me, I would not have a car without it. Music of your choice, news...of your choice, all sorts of programs in between.

Thanks for the snide remarks.....

Just offering up some options rather than forking more than $2K just for an XM radio :eek:
Then having monthly fees, wasting time dealing with a bunch of bozos that they call customer service people, and playing a bunch of games with pricing.

I value my money and time more than that......but hey enjoy! :laugh:
Touché

1 - 20 of 31 Posts