Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
HI THERE, im planning on doing something like that with my hrv, but im worried about contact or rubing on the front wheels during close turns,
how is it going to you on that issue??
I get slight rubbing during reverse but only when I’m backing up and turning out of my driveway (which has a dip). The rubbing isn’t even on anything important, just the noise dampening felt material inside the wheel well.

I’m loving the wheels and tires and will be doing my five tire rotation soon. I’m going to be redoing most of the suspension since I don’t want to use just spacers to lift it. Careful planning and taking my time with this build.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree, the off-road type tires are not my style but they do look good. Way better all around than the lame original Michelins.

I wouldn't be using wider and harder compound off-road type tires in the winter though. On snow and ice.

The 225/60R17's tires fit nicely on the original 17x7.5" wheels but they are 1.3" greater in diameter than the original tires.

Have you guys found anything to correct the speedo and odometer error?

With the larger diameter and heavier tires, I would be watching the CVT trans temp like a hawk.
The larger diameter tires are going to hurt the already weak engine performance of the HRV and run the CVT trans much hotter.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts