Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My smart start indicator dash light has been on and off for about 5 months now. I replaced batteries in both key fobs, twice. Disconnected the battery to try to reset it. And, I just installed a new push start button. Light is still on...so frustrating, please help...

·
Super Moderator
1,585 Posts
How old is your car battery? Cleaned the start button contacts before putting in the new one?

·
Registered
4 Posts
My smart start indicator dash light has been on and off for about 5 months now. I replaced batteries in both key fobs, twice. Disconnected the battery to try to reset it. And, I just installed a new push start button. Light is still on...so frustrating, please help...
You can try and clean the starter button contacts yourself by prying it out of the dash...there are U tubes on how to do that...like everything else...first time you attempt to do it can lead to issues if you rush.......or for about $145 Honda dealer will clean it....or for about $250 Honda dealer will replace the start button. Ive found Honda dealers play dumb when you tell them how to fix it like it's all news to them that there's even an issue....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts