Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home in the rain today, and I just now noticed the wipers slowed when I stopped. News to me...but it makes sense

·
Registered
60 Posts
Interesting, I'll have to take notice the next time I'm driving and it's raining. Seems like a feature for more higher end vehicles... but I'm not complaining!

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
It’s Something else, we DO NOT have speed sensitive or rain sensitive wipers, there no sensor for it.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
332 Posts
It’s Something else, we DO NOT have speed sensitive or rain sensitive wipers, there no sensor for it.
The only sensor needed for speed sensitivity is the already built-in speed sensor for the speedometer, no?

The 2016 Owner's manual says this as a note on the side on page 132:

Models with adjustment ring said:
If the vehicle speeds up while the wipers are operating intermittently, the length of the wipe interval shortens. When the vehicle starts moving, the wipers make a single sweep. When the vehicle speeds up, the wiper operation's shortest delay (imagine rainfall icon here) and the LO setting become the same.
For the 2019 manual (page 177 & 178), it mentions being rain sensitive in addition to being speed sensitive. That sensor, if you're curious, is up by the Honda Sensing camera. But it also includes a distinction between INT and AUTO (with auto including the rain sensor).

edit: just checked it on my way to work, my 2019 Touring doesn’t have the AUTO mark on the stalk. But, if nothing else, I can confirm it is speed sensitive as I’ve seen it speed up and slow down with the speed, not with amount of rain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts