Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully those of you who have seen the HRV in person at shows or dealers can confirm, there is an actual spare in this model right? I didn't think Honda was going for run flats in lieu of a spare but that's an absolute no go for me. I have too much family that lives in rural no cell service areas. Six months after buying my Fit a gardener lost his weed wacker on the interstate in front of me and it blew out my tire completely. Run flats wouldn't have gotten me off the freeway, swapped to a spare and off to the tire store by myself. At the Seattle auto show I immediately ruled out the Hybrid Crosstrek because of lack of spare. I remembered that again last night when I stumbled on the announcement for the hybrid Rav-4. I really don't understand why this is even becoming a trend.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Hopefully those of you who have seen the HRV in person at shows or dealers can confirm, there is an actual spare in this model right? I didn't think Honda was going for run flats in lieu of a spare but that's an absolute no go for me. I have too much family that lives in rural no cell service areas. Six months after buying my Fit a gardener lost his weed wacker on the interstate in front of me and it blew out my tire completely. Run flats wouldn't have gotten me off the freeway, swapped to a spare and off to the tire store by myself. At the Seattle auto show I immediately ruled out the Hybrid Crosstrek because of lack of spare. I remembered that again last night when I stumbled on the announcement for the hybrid Rav-4. I really don't understand why this is even becoming a trend.
Yep....it has a spare. Which is a good thing because the floor is very thin and the spare tire helps strengthen it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts