Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had this wing put on and the guy did a bad job so I had to try my best at fixing it. This was the end result of me “fixing” it. Im going to have to rip it off and do it the right way. Thoughts? Opinions? Help? 😅 Links to other HRV wings or spoilers are appreciated greatly!
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

·
Registered
Brilliant Sporty Blue Honda HR-V 1.5 iVTEC SE 6 Speed Manual
852 Posts
The factory fit section of wing is not the sturdiest, it flexes a fair bit when I'm washing the car so putting any undue weight on it could potentially be asking for trouble.

If that is where you normally park your vehicle, you have the potential issue of tree debris; leaves, tree sap and so on getting trapped where your wing attaches to the bodywork. There is also quite an over hang on each side that could get caught on something with a best case scenario of it just resulting in ripping your added wing off rather than damaging paint or bodywork.

If you feel the need to add a wing, one that follows the contours without protrusion would be best.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The factory fit section of wing is not the sturdiest, it flexes a fair bit when I'm washing the car so putting any undue weight on it could potentially be asking for trouble.

If that is where you normally park your vehicle, you have the potential issue of tree debris; leaves, tree sap and so on getting trapped where your wing attaches to the bodywork. There is also quite an over hang on each side that could get caught on something with a best case scenario of it just resulting in ripping your added wing off rather than damaging paint or bodywork.

If you feel the need to add a wing, one that follows the contours without protrusion would be best.
Yes i totally agree. It’s not supposed to hang off the side like that at all. I plan on taking it off soon and lining it up the way it’s supposed to. The place i went to didn’t put it in correctly 😒 thanks for your input!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

This is how it was supposed to look
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Car
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood Car

·
Registered
852 Posts
As an aside, with you blanking out your VRN, I'm getting quite a Bugs Bunny vibe in your first image!

Cartoon Organism Gesture Whiskers Font

·
Registered
852 Posts
Another thing to consider is be aware of the amount of pressure used when applying the wing.

A number of people with NA HR-V's have experienced issues with water ingress around the top of the hatch. There is a similar issue in the UK (UK and EU HR-V's were built in the same Mexican factory as NA HR-V's up until 2019), however, that appears to be more an issue with the rubber strips covering the roof bar perishing near the rear hatch allowing water ingress.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another thing to consider is be aware of the amount of pressure used when applying the wing.

A number of people with NA HR-V's have experienced issues with water ingress around the top of the hatch. There is a similar issue in the UK (UK and EU HR-V's were built in the same Mexican factory as NA HR-V's up until 2019), however, that appears to be more an issue with the rubber strips covering the roof bar perishing near the rear hatch allowing water ingress.
Yes i actually had that problem a long time ago myself but i took care of it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts