Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had my 2016 HRV manual ex since August (8700 miles) and love it but have an ongoing issue with the start engine button that is getting worse. Sometimes when I push the start engine button it won't start and get's locked up- the dash says starter system alert- I use my manual key to lock /unlock it, the wheel get's locked in place too and after several tries it will finally start. It is getting worse and yesterday took me 10 minutes for it to start. I am taking to the dealer tomorrow -also there is a buzz sound that automatically goes on after it starts- I hear it is the power emergency break setting. Anyone else having this issue. I prefer the old fashioned key start and hand emergency break.

·
Banned
355 Posts
Have had my 2016 HRV manual ex since August (8700 miles) and love it but have an ongoing issue with the start engine button that is getting worse. Sometimes when I push the start engine button it won't start and get's locked up- the dash says starter system alert- I use my manual key to lock /unlock it, the wheel get's locked in place too and after several tries it will finally start. It is getting worse and yesterday took me 10 minutes for it to start. I am taking to the dealer tomorrow -also there is a buzz sound that automatically goes on after it starts- I hear it is the power emergency break setting. Anyone else having this issue. I prefer the old fashioned key start and hand emergency break.
Was it the brake pedal right?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I so wish the fix was so simple. I hold the break pedal down religiously with every start, especially having a manual. Will see what the dealer service dept finds out today.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I so wish the fix was so simple. I hold the break pedal down religiously with every start, especially having a manual. Will see what the dealer service dept finds out today.
Yours is the only report I have seen of this sort, so it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem, and I'm sure the dealer will resolve it — that's what warranties are for.

Personally, I like keyless entry and ignition so much that I will never buy another car without it.

·
Super Moderator
1,525 Posts
Remembered the gear grinding noise when one forgot the engine was running and tries to start it? I wonder if the starter would still turn when the engine already running with the push button?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mystery solved ...had a eureka moment (with help from my husband), before taking it to the dealer. Don't press the clutch fully to the floor at times (when my seat isn't adjusted right); shame on me for doing this after driving a stick for 40 years.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Mystery solved ...had a eureka moment (with help from my husband), before taking it to the dealer. Don't press the clutch fully to the floor at times (when my seat isn't adjusted right); shame on me for doing this after driving a stick for 40 years.
Good to hear you found a solution. Old habits can be hard to break. It's taken me more than 6 months to stop reaching for the key to unlock the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yours is the only report I have seen of this sort, so it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem, and I'm sure the dealer will resolve it — that's what warranties are for.

Personally, I like keyless entry and ignition so much that I will never buy another car without it.
I have the same problem. HAve had it for some weeks now. It's getting increasingly difficult to start the car. The dealer says that I have to replace the Start button!

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I have the same problem. HAve had it for some weeks now. It's getting increasingly difficult to start the car. The dealer says that I have to replace the Start button!
Hers wasn't a car problem after all.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have a 2016HRV. I'm having trouble with my start button. today I had a new key fob delivered with new batterys. next is a new battery and I read on another forum where this is an issue. on these cars.. I'm ordering an after mkt one to have installed. before it goes completely.. they said it's like 500 to get it fixed at a honda shop and i'm not paying that... sorry I could be no help going through is as of today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve had my 2016 HRV for 4 years now and having the same issue. I also periodically get a key like indicator with an explanation point on the dash. I changed the key battery thinking that was the problem which I haven’t seen the indicator for awhile and thought that did solve the problem. Then a year later I see the indicator again. I only have 40,000 miles on my car. Can’t figure out what’s going on either.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts