Honda HR-V Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts

I have uploaded a video on how to fix / replace the start stop button issue. It is Australian model so will be the mirror image of yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have had my 2016 HRV manual ex since August (8700 miles) and love it but have an ongoing issue with the start engine button that is getting worse. Sometimes when I push the start engine button it won't start and get's locked up- the dash says starter system alert- I use my manual key to lock /unlock it, the wheel get's locked in place too and after several tries it will finally start. It is getting worse and yesterday took me 10 minutes for it to start. I am taking to the dealer tomorrow -also there is a buzz sound that automatically goes on after it starts- I hear it is the power emergency break setting. Anyone else having this issue. I prefer the old fashioned key start and hand emergency break.
Have had my 2016 HRV manual ex since August (8700 miles) and love it but have an ongoing issue with the start engine button that is getting worse. Sometimes when I push the start engine button it won't start and get's locked up- the dash says starter system alert- I use my manual key to lock /unlock it, the wheel get's locked in place too and after several tries it will finally start. It is getting worse and yesterday took me 10 minutes for it to start. I am taking to the dealer tomorrow -also there is a buzz sound that automatically goes on after it starts- I hear it is the power emergency break setting. Anyone else having this issue. I prefer the old fashioned key start and hand emergency break.
i just got my car out of the shop today for the same issue. I had to get my battery replaced and a new starter button replace. Battery at the Honda dealer was $178.00 and $550 for the starter button. Luckily, I was still under warranty for the starter and paid nothing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's the starter button and the battery. I just had mine fixed this past Saturday. I had to get both replaced and my HRV now starts with the one push. I had the same issue

21 - 24 of 24 Posts