Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my HRV 5 days ago and the darn wheel cover "air bag part with the H" is fading to white and turning gooey. I tried goo gone, water, WD4 to no avail. It's like whit-ish and sticky. Took it in to Honda, they tried some leather lotion crap which didn't work.

I read about this issue online and it usually only happens to cars with lots of age that sit in the sun, it's like the plastic sweats. Hoping I was just un-lucky and it doesn't happen again.

Just wanted to report. Everything else is gravy siting at 500 miles already.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good to know! Will keep in mind when I pick up mine tonight!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Would be awesome if you could post pictures to give us a better understanding of what is going on. Is the fabric actually breaking down and/or deteriorating?

Best of luck! :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would be awesome if you could post pictures to give us a better understanding of what is going on. Is the fabric actually breaking down and/or deteriorating?

Best of luck! :D
I'll update with that, it's breaking down, rubbing it has caused it to fray, so now its white, gooey and frayed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
white streak on dash area directly above gauges

I also had about a 2 inch "stripe" above the half moon shaped dash area above the gauges - looked like a scrape of some sort.
Detail tech manages to lift the white residue out with some sort of mild cleanser on a toothbrush but the mark remained as it appeared to be "in the grain" of the dash material.
Said to wait a few days and see if it fades out - or - try some after market product like Armorall to help blend in.
Haven't tried that yet - waiting a few days first to see if it might fade before I start trying anything else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts