Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took delivery of my new Vezel last night here in Maryland. I have had a strut bar on every car I have owned. Any idea where I could find a good one?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I knew that but figured there might be some folks on here who are newer and had not seen that reference.
It has always been a curiosity to me when the North American car owners refer to or re-badge their cars to the name from another country. The VW guys are big on this with their Jettas (Bora) and Golfs (Polo, even though not the same platform).
Nothing wrong with it, it does make the car unique in this market.

·
Registered
323 Posts
No reason to apologize at all.
And we never addressed the strut bar. I have not seen anyone else mention it here so far. I bet if you search a strut bar for a Vezel you will find options. That seems to be what most people have been doing for the aftermarket items since there are so few for the HR-V and things are interchangeable between the two.

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Japan does not "use" the Vezel nomenclature ... the Vezel IS Japanese ... Japan anointed it the Vezel, supposedly a takeoff on "bezel."

But check out the Japanese pronunciation ... sounds to me like veh-zeh-roo ... rhymes with kangaroo.
Me, I prefer to pronounce it as Veasel ... as in weasel :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
hello I found one in amazon. what do you think of this
Ultra Racing 2-Point Front Strut Tower Bar Brace Honda HRV (2nd Gen) 1.8 2WD (2015) TW2-3157 cost about 159. it made in Malaysia

·
Registered
47 Posts
How does a strut help you without racing your car?
Lol - a strut bar stiffens the chasis, every iteration of every vehicle tries to do the same to improve handling at any level including braking, cornering, acceleration. Unfortunately strut bars can cost the manufacturer enough extra that they dont utilize them enough. For those that have had a car like a TSX that has them standard and has tried driving around without them, the difference is obvious, same goes with adding a proper one to a vehicle. IF you can stiffen the chasis enough you can reduce the spring rates and have the same handling with smoother ride. i am going to add front and rears and have a lower floor brace made for each side, on my TSX that made the most noticeable improvement in handling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts