Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the emphasis now on the sub-compact crossovers, the coming much should be interesting when it comes to monthly sales. Below are the current models in this class for April 2015. Next month we will have sales results for the Honda HRV and in coming months the Mazda CX3.

The Juke and the Encore were the very first. Seems with all the new competition, the Juke is hurting the most while the Encore continues to ride strong.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well, Honda is targeting 60,000 a year. Divide by 12 months, that's 5,000 a month. And since they've been caching vehicles at distribution points like Quonset, I'd assume the first month will be around that. Wild guess on my part.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should be interesting since the first month will only account for about 2 weeks. However their target of 60,000 a year I think is under estimated.

Well, Honda is targeting 60,000 a year. Divide by 12 months, that's 5,000 a month. And since they've been caching vehicles at distribution points like Quonset, I'd assume the first month will be around that. Wild guess on my part.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow Jeep dominating the segment ...total Jeep models selling 17k units in the month - I guess we know who owns this segment right NOW ......I bet that is going to change soon ..I think the HRV is going to be a slam dunk for Honda.....

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wow Jeep dominating the segment ...total Jeep models selling 17k units in the month - I guess we know who owns this segment right NOW ......I bet that is going to change soon ..I think the HRV is going to be a slam dunk for Honda.....
I think so too. Honda will quickly sell everything they can get to dealers for the first few months. Would not be surprised to see it rival Crv sales eventually. There will be a lot of momma bears,thinking Fit too small and Crv bigger than needed.
I am sure Honda is waiting for my assessment so I'll predict 15k /month if they can be supplied.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't read it as Jeep dominating the segment. That is the total over three differnt Jeep models, and I don't think the Patriot or Compass are considered subcomact crossovers. According to my source they are considered compact crossovers.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2015/04/usa-small-suv-crossover-sales-figures-march-2015-ytd.html

HRV4ME did not provide the source of his information.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think everyone is hung up on terms here .....look more at shopping / buying habits .....anyone on that Jeep lot that's looking at the Renegade for 17,995 will probably take a look at other 2wd or 4wd offerings.....not everyone here admiring the HRV like myself needs nor wants 4wd .

Patriot.....16,795
Compass 18,995
HRV.......20,000
CX3.... ~20,000
JUKE.....20,250
KIA SOUL $15,190 !

Im sold on the HRV not even seeing or driving it yet solely based on the past Hondas I have owned and their mechanical longevity , features for the money , power , resale etc ......

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, not terms, just actual classes of vehicles. Kia Soul is excluded from this class as AWD is not an option.

I think everyone is hung up on terms here .....look more at shopping / buying habits .....anyone on that Jeep lot that's looking at the Renegade for 17,995 will probably take a look at other 2wd or 4wd offerings.....not everyone here admiring the HRV like myself needs nor wants 4wd .

Patriot.....16,795
Compass 18,995
HRV.......20,000
CX3.... ~20,000
JUKE.....20,250
KIA SOUL $15,190 !

Im sold on the HRV not even seeing or driving it yet solely based on the past Hondas I have owned and their mechanical longevity , features for the money , power , resale etc ......

·
Registered
48 Posts
We can agree to disagree ...if you think potential 2wd HRV owners are not shopping other 2wd models similar in size, looks, specs simply because of the class name I think your wrong . Peace .

Sorry, not terms, just actual classes of vehicles. Kia Soul is excluded from this class as AWD is not an option.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This isn't my view, look at any monthly sales listing and you too will see how they are broken out.

BTW, no need to go on the personal attack and tell someone they are wrong.

We can agree to disagree ...if you think potential 2wd HRV owners are not shopping other 2wd models similar in size, looks, specs simply because of the class name I think your wrong . Peace .

·
Registered
231 Posts
This isn't my view, look at any monthly sales listing and you too will see how they are broken out.

BTW, no need to go on the personal attack and tell someone they are wrong.
Saying "I think you're wrong" is stating an opinion. It's not an attack, let alone a personal attack.

I think sootie's point is that consumers looking for a 2WD car don't care about whether the Soul is technically in the same class as other 2WD cars they're looking at. It's the same size and shares similar characteristics, so they'll consider it.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And from a pricing standpoint, ok. I was referring to how vehicles are categorized and classfied as this thread has to do with monthly sales for this particular category. Anyways hope you have a great day :)

Saying "I think you're wrong" is stating an opinion. It's not an attack, let alone a personal attack.

I think sootie's point is that consumers looking for a 2WD car don't care about whether the Soul is technically in the same class as other 2WD cars they're looking at. It's the same size and shares similar characteristics, so they'll consider it.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Poor Soul never gets any respect :( I think I'll go out and hug my little Alien Green grasshopper right now.

HRV4ME does have a point - technically the Soul isn't included in the CUV class, even though most people cross-shop it (and very large numbers buy it). In June the AWD Soul -should- be formally announced, and that technicality -should- be closed. I wonder what will happen to 150,000 Souls sold each year when you can get it in AWD? At that point (in fairness, this is based on auto show reports only), you'll be able to get the same mileage as the HRV, slightly more interior storage space in a vehicle 6" shorter, RADIOS WITH KNOBS, above average reliability (CR), better performance and 40 more horsepower than the HRV for the same weight, and still pocket several thousand dollars for your trouble.

But you'll still have to drive around with your passengers making hamster jokes.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
And from a pricing standpoint, ok. I was referring to how vehicles are categorized and classfied as this thread has to do with monthly sales for this particular category. Anyways hope you have a great day :)
For what it's worth, I have seen at least a couple of articles that refer to the Soul as a competitor or alternative to the HR-V.

And why not, the FWD Soul and the FWD HR-V are both high-riding hatchbacks with similar pricing. Can't imagine customers worry much about corporate segment designations. They just want the best car for their needs.

Would be cool to see the Soul's sales too.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hear you. I actually had this vehicle for a rental last summer and absolutely loved it as a city car. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if it only came with all-wheel-drive. :crying:

Poor Soul never gets any respect :( I think I'll go out and hug my little Alien Green grasshopper right now.

HRV4ME does have a point - technically the Soul isn't included in the CUV class, even though most people cross-shop it (and very large numbers buy it). In June the AWD Soul -should- be formally announced, and that technicality -should- be closed. I wonder what will happen to 150,000 Souls sold each year when you can get it in AWD? At that point (in fairness, this is based on auto show reports only), you'll be able to get the same mileage as the HRV, slightly more interior storage space in a vehicle 6" shorter, RADIOS WITH KNOBS, above average reliability (CR), better performance and 40 more horsepower than the HRV for the same weight, and still pocket several thousand dollars for your trouble.

But you'll still have to drive around with your passengers making hamster jokes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts