Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have 2017 1.5 HR-V and i would like to substitute the headlights with either the 2018/2019 models (better lighting)? Is it compatible and a straight swap out or do i have to go through the cut-and-join method?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have 2017 1.5 HR-V and i would like to substitute the headlights with either the 2018/2019 models (better lighting)? Is it compatible and a straight swap out or do i have to go through the cut-and-join method?
I've done it and wrote about it here:
Honda Vezel (JDM model) light swap 2019 lights on 2016 model

They are not compatible and the process is very difficult. First you need a custom harness with resistors for every single connection and then you need to cut all around the bumper, the supports and other things to make them fit. My mechanic wasn't able to make them fit perfectly and the sides of the bumper will forever be sticking out which doesn't look great.

I highly recommend you just buy the JDM version of the 2015-2018 LED headlights instead. If someone can make the custom harness, then it's plug and play.

Go Garage MY in Malaysia sells the headlights and they also make the custom harness themselves.
GO Garage MY

If you do decide to order the 2019 headlights instead of the 2015-2018, just be aware you've been warned that it might be a mess to install.

·
Registered
86 Posts
A few pro-tips:

If you place an order with Go Garage MY, you could also order the 2019 start/stop button and the LED fog-lights. He makes custom harnesses for both so it's plug and play. He also accepts Paypal so your purchase is protected.

If you want to save a bunch of money and all you care about is better lighting, Philips makes LED bulbs that have a proper beam cut-off. Usually it's a bad idea to put LED bulbs in our housing but these bulbs are well designed as no one is being blinded.

H4 is the size to select and the cheapest version of it only sells for ~$50USD with shipping from AliExpress

Bright version for $50: US $49.13 28% OFF|Philips H7 LED H4 H8 H11 H16 9005 9006 9012 HIR2 HB3 HB4 Ultinon Essential LED bulbs for cars 6000K Auto Headlight Fog Lamps 2PC-in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress

Brightest version for $136: US $92.55 46% OFF|Philips X treme Ultinon LED H4 H7 H8 H11 H16 9005 9006 HB3 HB4 12V 6000K Car LED Head Light Auto Fog Lamps +200% Brighter (Twin)-in Car Headlight Bulbs(LED) from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress

1 - 5 of 5 Posts