Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know this is the calm before the storm (coming at 05:00 Eastern Time, April 30, 2015) and we can expect a flood of reviews coming in on the HR-V. In order to keep the forum somewhat organized I think we should have discussions about each review in 1 thread instead of in two, three or four threads on the same review going at the same time.

I have the following suggestions....

1) All "reviews" should be posed in the "review" portion of the Forum, not in general discussion

2) If you post a "review" first be sure that it isn't being discussed already (more on that to come) by using the search function, "recent discussions" list on the right of the forum, or the Active Topics section

3) If you're confident a review hasn't already been posted, then please standardize the format of thread title so we all know what you're talking about. For Example at title would have the following elements....1) Organization/Reviewer, 2) Event / Date, 3) Car(s) Discussed/Reviewed

4) If multiple thread do get started, put a link to the first thread into the new ones.

Example: "Consumer Reports Miami HR-V Review"
or "Edmunds.com April 30, 2015 Comparison of HR-V vs. Trax"

I'm open to suggestions and I'm not trying to be all high and mighty here, but I think it would be good if the regulars on the site could agree to some organization for the days ahead, otherwise the site is going to become a tangled nightmare.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I think these are excellent suggestions about avoiding the chaos.

The only one I will have to think about is #1 . I seldom go anywhere but general discussion. I choose "active topics" and everything shows up so I don't miss anything. Also helps me not duplicate a thread. If a thread has been inactive a long time, I may start a new one because sometimes it is really hard to find the old threads using "search".

Thanks greatly for your posting suggestions. It is going to get crazy in here soon!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I think a standardized format would be helpfull. I suggest:

1. for a straight up review start the thread with the word Review, followed by the the organization/source, some examples:

Review, Moter Trend
Review, Hondapro Jason

2. For a side comparison, start with Comparison followed by the cars being compared the the organization. For example:

Comparison, HR-V vs Soul, Edmunds
Comparison, HR-V vs Juke, AutoBlog

3. For an indepth review,or long term review start with Indepth. Examples:

Indepth TorqueNews
Indepth Carscoops

4. For a simple video review start with Video. Examples:

Video AutoWeek
Video EveryMan Driver

Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I think a standardized format would be helpfull. I suggest:

1. for a straight up review start the thread with the word Review, followed by the the organization/source, some examples:

Review, Moter Trend
Review, Hondapro Jason

2. For a side comparison, start with Comparison followed by the cars being compared the the organization. For example:

Comparison, HR-V vs Soul, Edmunds
Comparison, HR-V vs Juke, AutoBlog

3. For an indepth review,or long term review start with Indepth. Examples:

Indepth TorqueNews
Indepth Carscoops

4. For a simple video review start with Video. Examples:

Video AutoWeek
Video EveryMan Driver

Just my 2 cents
I think this is excellent! I hope everyone will follow it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts