Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Australia and the rest of the Pacific market seem to be getting it by February. They even have the pricing out. I wonder if the problems with the Mexico plant are greater than they were expecting. :(

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Australia and the rest of the Pacific market seem to be getting it by February. They even have the pricing out. I wonder if the problems with the Mexico plant are greater than they were expecting. :(
That is my thought too.

The encouraging thing we may get out of this is they won't release it until everything is smooth and right from Mexico. Being cautious to not have problem cars at the dealers.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it back to Summer 2015, but I need some more evidence before accepting it. I've seen alot of dodgy reporting on the HR-V, so I'm reserving my judgement until I see some more sources. When they went from "Winter 2014" to "Spring 2015" we first heard rumors through the forum from people who got word from their local dealers that the date was being pushed into 2015. We then saw the change on Honda's website from "2015" HR-V to "2016" and then finally the announcement from Honda officially.

Maybe it's time for everyone to call up their local Honda dealers and start asking some hard questions of the managers and see what they come up with.

I'm still thinking they will have a Super Bowl commercial showing off the HR-V with more information coming out around that time, including prices and such. That's just a hunch, but I think the March / April time period is still alive.........for now...........

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed it back to Summer 2015, but I need some more evidence before accepting it. I've seen alot of dodgy reporting on the HR-V, so I'm reserving my judgement until I see some more sources. When they went from "Winter 2014" to "Spring 2015" we first heard rumors through the forum from people who got word from their local dealers that the date was being pushed into 2015. We then saw the change on Honda's website from "2015" HR-V to "2016" and then finally the announcement from Honda officially.

Maybe it's time for everyone to call up their local Honda dealers and start asking some hard questions of the managers and see what they come up with.

I'm still thinking they will have a Super Bowl commercial showing off the HR-V with more information coming out around that time, including prices and such. That's just a hunch, but I think the March / April time period is still alive.........for now...........

I communicated with local dealers recently. They seem very frustrated with the lack of info from Honda. They don't know any more than we do.

Hmmm....maybe we should wait until Fall or Winter of 2015?

I agree with you that this could just be one news outlet's pure speculation.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Summer isn't that fa away. I am more concerned that the date keeps being pushed back more and more. I hope it doesn't happen again after this.

Ultimately, no matter when they release it, the number one priority should be putting out a good quality product. I don't want some new vehicle that ends up having a million issues within the first couple months of me having it.

·
Registered
118 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just found this article that says the HR-V made it Canadian debut today at Montreal. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150115005837/en/All-new-2016-Honda-HR-V-Crossover-Canadian-Debut

Official word is still "Spring". I'll go with that rather than a magazine for now. We have 2 more major auto shows coming up - Chicago next month and NY in April. This car is a big deal for them so I expect they will have one more presser at one of these before it goes on sale.

You beat me to it on the link to Montreal. :)

I am liking those wheels....also seen in Detroit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts