Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any info on how to replace tail light assembly? I can't figure out a way to do it w/o pulling off the entire inside hatch door cover. The hole provided for replacing the bulbs is not big enough to access the assembly. What I don't know is if I'll break any clips holding the molding to the hatch door.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
is there any info on how to replace tail light assembly? I can't figure out a way to do it w/o pulling off the entire inside hatch door cover. The hole provided for replacing the bulbs is not big enough to access the assembly. What I don't know is if I'll break any clips holding the molding to the hatch door.
The tail light part (which is attached the body)-
or what they call 'the reflector part '- which is attached to the hatch itself ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
To remove the "inside tail lamp" (the one attached to the hatch) you dont have to take the entire interior panel off, I had to do this to drill a hole in the tail lamp assembly to get water that had gotten into the assembly. It can be done, but there is one nut that is very hard to get to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
To remove the "inside tail lamp" (the one attached to the hatch) you dont have to take the entire interior panel off, I had to do this to drill a hole in the tail lamp assembly to get water that had gotten into the assembly. It can be done, but there is one nut that is very hard to get to.
Can you elaborate on how to get to that nut? I am having that exact problem (water in the tail lamp).
Thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you take the interior trim off, you can see the nut, it is either a 8 or 10mm, I use a 1/4 inch socket with a deep socket to get to this nut. once you get the lamp off, drill a hole with a small drill but and the water will come right out, replace the lamp. If you do not remove the interior panel, you have to feel for the nut but it can be one.

·
Registered
2021 LX AWD Modern Steel Metallic
202 Posts
If you take the interior trim off, you can see the nut, it is either a 8 or 10mm, I use a 1/4 inch socket with a deep socket to get to this nut. once you get the lamp off, drill a hole with a small drill but and the water will come right out, replace the lamp. If you do not remove the interior panel, you have to feel for the nut but it can be one.
This type wrench may do the job:
Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Circle
Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Circle

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Can you elaborate on how to get to that nut? I am having that exact problem (water in the tail lamp).
Thanks.
I used a very small combo wrench ( used the closed end, and I have 6 point not 12 point)- I could fit my hand inside the hole got it finger tight- then used the wrench- but you get maybe 20degree of swing then you have to readjust and it takes time.So- finger tight with your hand as best as you can before making it snug with a small wrench.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts