Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rear light housing needs to be replaced (not the bulb) and I have the spare part, but can't figure out how to disconnect this white part. Anyone know how... Or what it's called so I can Google it?!
Motor vehicle Gas Electrical wiring Machine Wire

·
Administrator
1,927 Posts
A common electrical connector.

I don't have HRV anymore. There might be an identical catch on the other side. If you push in where that arrow is pointing and pull. It will release the connector. Does your replacement part have the same half of the connector?

Electrical wiring Cable Gas Auto part Wire

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So that's half of the problem solved, thank you! (Yes, my part has that plug part). But how do I get that white part off the light casing? I tried pliers and some twisting, but can't get it to release
Gas Cable Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Wire

·
Administrator
1,927 Posts
I will not able to troubleshoot without looking at it from all sides. Someone with an HRV will have to help you.

·
Registered
2019 Honda HR-V Touring CBP
642 Posts
So that's half of the problem solved, thank you! (Yes, my part has that plug part). But how do I get that white part off the light casing? I tried pliers and some twisting, but can't get it to release View attachment 32838
Just pry it straight up and away from the housing.

Get a flat tip screw driver or something similar, slide it under the upper part going left-right and leverage it up.

·
Registered
2021 Honda HR-V Vti-S
125 Posts
So that's half of the problem solved, thank you! (Yes, my part has that plug part). But how do I get that white part off the light casing? I tried pliers and some twisting, but can't get it to release View attachment 32838
IMO that tab marked by the yellow arrow is a lock to keep the cable plug firmly in place.
Have you tried squeezing the tab and pulling the cable plug up at the same time?
If that doesn't work try pushing that tab down a bit and lifting the plug.
Should that not work, you might have to visit or ring a wrecking yard see if you can text them a picture. They should be able to tell you how to do it.

Green Gas Cable Electrical wiring Electronic engineering

1 - 6 of 6 Posts