Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have problem with my 2016 HR-V. The tailgate dont open when I press de button. I have to unlock it with a flat screwdriver from inside. I have this car for 3 years and I never have this trouble before. Did anybody know if there is a fuse for the tailgate unlock solenoide ? I didn't find it on the fuse diagram. Is anybody ever have this problem ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
So no sound or anything happens when you push the button? I've had mine get stuck partially open or in cold weather, but usually shouldering it shut or trying a few times helps it.

If it still makes the unlock sound try some spray lube in the mechanism

·
Registered
1 Posts
And, I wish you luck. I had the same problem. took it to the dealer. Four visits later, and $400, I'm able to use the tailgate. They don't stock the part, and they ordered the wrong part initially.
So .. What was the part?
I’m having similar problem w my 2016. No noise from gate latch/lock when I press the lock/unlock button on the fob, same with fob tailgate button.
Switch on gate itself seems dead also. I don’t see a fuse listed for the gate latch or switch in the owners manual.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So .. What was the part?
I’m having similar problem w my 2016. No noise from gate latch/lock when I press the lock/unlock button on the fob, same with fob tailgate button.
Switch on gate itself seems dead also. I don’t see a fuse listed for the gate latch or switch in the owners manual.
Exactly what's happening too me
It started too go out intermittent....when I push the keyless door ...(fob) too get the trunck open
Now ..totally dead
I took the body panel off
Too 2 screws on each end... If ur trying and it wont totally snap off for you
Then the box assembly had 5 screws...I think...but thing is they wer rusted somewhat
So took little elbow grease
After got the screws out
The box panel wouldn't snap off soo I don't want too break anything so I didn't push it
ANYONE KNOW
if one replaces this box circuitry if that will work?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have problem with my 2016 HR-V. The tailgate dont open when I press de button. I have to unlock it with a flat screwdriver from inside. I have this car for 3 years and I never have this trouble before. Did anybody know if there is a fuse for the tailgate unlock solenoide ? I didn't find it on the fuse diagram. Is anybody ever have this problem ?

Thanks !
There is no fuse but there is something that went bad and that's Honda 74810-T4N-H01 Switch Assy., Tailgate Opener (Smart) you need to replace that. If not the problem you might as well replace the latch lock assembly. Either one can go bad. They are not hard to replace you can do it yourself with some panel removers a 10mm and 8mm socket and a 4 inch extension. Should take you roughly 45 minutes to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For those looking for a solution. There are 2 parts that can go bad 1 mainly the Honda 74810-T4N-H01 Switch Assy., Tailgate Opener (Smart) and the other
Part No.: 74800-T7Y-K01 Lock Assy., Tailgate. All are for 2016 Honda HRV AWD 5 door navigation. Match your VIN when buying parts. The tools you will need are 10mm and 8mm sockets and 4 inch extension and a panel remover kit. To remove the switch you need to remove the honda logo panel on the tailgate by removing the 2 8mm screws one at both ends of the panels in the inside. They are by the rear blinker lights. Then I the inside of the tailgate remove all the panels that cover it lift. Pull hard when removing dont worry about breaking sounds its normal just pick a side when removing and pull straight back. Once all panels are remove locate the silver metal plate in the middle of the lift and remove all connections use your fingers or some needle nose pliers to remove them. Locate the 3 (use 10mm socket) screws holding the plate and remove them gently that plate is for the rear wiper arm. You dint need to remove the arm just spine it until you can get a better look at the switch in the inside and the remove the 2 10mm nuts. Replace the part and do all the process backwards. To remove the latch lock assembly it's much easier just remove the 2 10mm screws that hold the latch together you will see them when you lift the tailgate. Be careful not to let latch fall down because you need to remove the 2 connection that are inside. Swap the part and do the process backwards. Process should take you 45 minutes to complete or less.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have problem with my 2016 HR-V. The tailgate dont open when I press de button. I have to unlock it with a flat screwdriver from inside. I have this car for 3 years and I never have this trouble before. Did anybody know if there is a fuse for the tailgate unlock solenoide ? I didn't find it on the fuse diagram. Is anybody ever have this problem ? Thanks !
yes its the tail gate latch switch

1 - 12 of 12 Posts