Honda HR-V Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning! I have a 2022 HRV and having issues with the tailgate not opening or just unlocking while driving. The dealership has tested and all of the codes return green but yet the problem still exists. Does anyone know of this is a known problem; I’m really afraid the tailgate may open while I’m driving.
I would appreciate any feedback.
Thank you 🙏

·
Registered
2019 and 2020 HR-V EXs
386 Posts
1. Put a drop of light oil on the latch mechanism. It may not be fully 'grabbing'.

2. The rubber tailgate seals can stick. We rub some baby powder on ours, and the side door seals, to prevent this...once a year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Put a drop of light oil on the latch mechanism. It may not be fully 'grabbing'.

2. The rubber tailgate seals can stick. We rub some baby powder on ours, and the side door seals, to prevent this...once a year.
Hello and thanks 🙏 for your response and your advise. I will definitely try it; this has been a problem now for almost 6 months. The dealership says that all codes are green when they do a diagnostic test but it’s just getting old having to take it back to the dealer.
Again, thank you so much for your help!

Melissa 😉

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good Afternoon and thank you for the feedback on the door features. I took the advise of from Carbuff to who is also on the forum and that seemed to have worked; have not had any issues with the tailgate since I applied a drop of oil on the latch. But I do appreciate you taking out the time to post a comment for help.

Have a good day!

Mel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts