Honda HR-V Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, tried a search but could not find anything. My 2016 HRV has a tailgate that will not open, either with the gate switch or the remote. I can’t seam to find a fuse for it to check and not sure if there is an emergency switch to open it in this case. Any information or experience would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much, got it to open, now to figure out what might be wrong. Appreciate the help. Does anyone know if the tailgate is on its own fuse? I can’t find one in either panel or I just don’t know what it is listed as in the panel decal.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
It's not actuating the motor at all? That's a failure I haven't seen mentioned yet

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, tried a search but could not find anything. My 2016 HRV has a tailgate that will not open, either with the gate switch or the remote. I can’t seam to find a fuse for it to check and not sure if there is an emergency switch to open it in this case. Any information or experience would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
I live in a cold weather state and often have issues unlocking the tailgate on my 2019 HR_V EX.

Sometimes the FOB will unlock the the tailgate, somtimes it sounds like it was unlocked but won't open and sometimes it does nothing, which forces me to enter through the side doors and fold down the rear seat in order to retrieve my snow brush/scraper.

The dealership usually blames it on either user error or a frozen surface.

I've previously 3 Honda Civic E'X's (2012, 2015 & 2017) and truthfully I'm not very impressed with my 2019 HR-V.

Poor fuel mileage (23.1), poor ventilation,/defrost capabilities, and so-so AWD performance. Next time I'm considering either upscaling to a CR-V or Toyota RAV4.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts